Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

Default Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

So I worked on my tiers for the upcoming season and I'll have a more detailed write up for Flo later, but heres what I've got so far. These will change as we hear more about weight changes.

1. Nico Megaludis
    2. Jesse Delgado
    3. Nahshon Garrett
    4. Cory Clark
    5. Jarrod Patterson
    6. Anthony Zanetta
    7. Nathan Kraisser
    8. David Thorn

R12: Tyler Cox, Joe Roth, Josh Martinez, Sean Boyle

Jesse and Nico split 2-2 this year, in my mind they're pretty even. Nico adjusted extremely well from Big 10's to NCAA's, keeping Jesse off his legs. His low single was on point just got out-scrambled. I don't see Nico as the 4x 2nd placer type, so I think he breaks through at some point. Might have been too cautious with Clark. I want someone to show me a redshirt(freshman) season that had that many good wins.

Tiers

Nico
    Jesse
    Nahshon
    Cory

Patterson
    Kraisser
    Zanetta
    Thorn
    Cox

Joe Roth
    Josh Martinez
    Sean Boyle

Maybe Nahshon and Cory belong in their own tier, but I feel alright about it. Nahshon really came on at the end, and Cory has shown he belongs.

1. Tony Ramos
    2. Tyler Graff
    3. AJ Schopp
    4. Jon Morrison
    5. Chris Dardanes
    6. Ryan Mango
    7. Mark Grey
    8. Mason Beckman

R12: Cody Brewer, Jimmy Gulibon, Joe Colon, George DiCamillo

What a weight. From like 6 on it is a wild mix up until Joe Colon. Really feel like Tony gets it done and feel that Tyler is on his own. 3-5 is a tough group and I'm interested to see what Mango is at 6. I feel fairly confident I've got the best 12 here(unlike possibly 125). Keeping Brewer off the podium may be really tough and was hard for me to do since I feel a special affinity towards him after drafting him last year and feeling like he was going to be very tough. I just think Beckman and Grey are just a bit better.

Tiers

Tony Ramos

Tyler Graff

AJ Schopp
    Jon Morrison
    Chris Dardanes

Ryan Mango
    Mark Grey
    Mason Beckman
    Cody Brewer

Jimmy Gulibon
    Joe Colon(could break through, but a lot of hype, little substance so far)
    George DiCamillo

1. Logan Stieber
    2. Kendric Maple
    3. Devin Carter
    4. Mitchell Port
    5. Ugi
    6. Evan Henderson
    7. Mike Nevinger
    8. Nick Dardanes

R12: Richard Durso, Joey Lazor, Josh Dziewa, Jesse Thielke

Here's hoping Kendric doesn't move up, but he's all kinds of big and Coach Cody doesn't like his guys cutting much weight(plus it'd let Brewer go up as he looked big-ish as well at 33). Really don't know how great I feel about the Logan call, He really relies on his strength a lot, something that Kendric has plenty of. I think Logan is on another level technically here. I think there's lots of possibility for my R12 guys to move into the top 8 here. Especially my first 3. Thielke is a real wild card. Not sure if he'll have the offense to get it done right away.

Tiers

Logan
    Kendric

Devin
    Port

Ugi
    Henderson
    Dardanes
    Nevinger
    Durso

Lazor
    Dziewa
    Thielke

1. Dylan Ness
    2. Scott Sakaguchi
    3. Destin McCauley
    4. Josh Kindig
    5. Nick Brascetta
    6. Drake Houdashelt
    7. Andrew Alton
    8. Ian Paddock

R12: Eric Grajales, Jason Tsirtsis, David Habat, Edwin Cooper!?!?!?

I would like to go on record that I hate this weight. I don't like any of my picks, and I think this weight is super weak. I don't think Ness is going to win. I hope Maple comes up and gives me some confidence in something(he'd be my pick to win easily). I think McCauley wrestles and Sueflohn redshirts. I think he could be good enough to win, but sight unseen folkstyle wise for a few years it's tough to say what we're getting, so that was a hedge I suppose. Kindig seems real high but he's in that tier and I'm pretty high on him coming into this year(perhaps irrationally so). Went with the customary "I only have 11 guys so I'll throw in a hawkeye at 12" With Cooper

Tiers

Ness
    Sakaguchi
    McCauley

Kindig
    Brascetta
    Alton
    Houdashelt
    Paddock
    Grajales

Tsirtsis
    Habat
    Cooper

1. Derek St. John
    2. Alex Dieringer
    3. James Green
    4. Dylan Alton
    5. RJ Pena
    6. Isaac Jordan
    7. Joey Napoli
    8. Ian Miller

R12: Zach Niebert(not a typo), Danny Zilverberg, Kyle Bradley, Taylor Walsh

DSJ goes out on top, but he will have his set backs along the way, but he's been money in March throughout his career, and I don't see that changing. Dieringer is certainly formidable, but his wins aren't as amazing as a 3rd place finish may suggest. Green and Alton are right there. I like Jordan coming into this year and I think Napoli doesn't poop his pants this time around. I really hate the number 8 pick here, but struggled to do much better than the upside I see in Miller(his RS season wasn't stellar at all). Niebert at 157 is a real wildcard. I can only assume he fancies himself a Jordan Oliver type of wrestler. The similarities are innumerable.

Tiers

DSJ

Dieringer
    Green
    Alton

Pena
    Jordan

Napoli

Miller
    Zilverberg
    Bradley
    Walsh

1. David Taylor
    2. Tyler Caldwell
    3. Steven Monk
    4. Michael Moreno
    5. Nick Sulzer
    6. Taylor Massa
    7. Nick Moore
    8. Josh Veltre

R12: Tyler Wilps, Jackson Morse, Pierce Harger, Mike Ottinger

After number 2 this weight is pretty A) Tough to predict and B) bad. Some really tough choices. Nick Moore over Veltre you ask? I believe in Nick Moore. I think he will do better and I think he is in the better training/coaching situation. Morse might be a guy to have your eye on despite marginal results so far. He's A) talented and B) coached by Mark Perry. If you didn't know, David Taylor is going to absolutely destroy everyone here.

Tiers

David Taylor

Tyler Caldwell

Steven Monk
    Mike Moreno
    Nick Sulzer
    Taylor Massa

Nick Moore
    Josh Veltre

Tyler Wilps
    Jackson Morse

Pierce Harger
    Mike Ottinger

1. Andrew Howe
    2. Chris Perry
    3. Logan Storley
    4. Matt Brown
    5. Mike Evans
    6. Robert Kokesh
    7. Cody Walters
    8. Tanner Weatherman

R12: Nate Brown, Lee Munster, Bryce Hammond, Mat Miller

I really think Howe is the guy and it isn't close. Seeing up a weight at Universities answered a lot of the questions I had. At WTT's he looked a bit fatigued and weak and I think a lot of that is due to the weight cut(whether he'd admit it or not). Tell me how Chris Perry beats him? Not enough offense in this weight. I just don't see it. HUGE drop off after 6 spot. I like Hammond and Miller to perhaps break through. I think Howe goes undefeated this year.

Tiers

Andrew Howe

Chris Perry
    Logan Storley
    Matt Brown

Mike Evans
    Robert Kokesh

Cody Walters
    Tanner Weatherman
    Nate Brown

Lee Munster
    Bryce Hammond
    Mat Miller

1. Ed Ruth
    2. Kevin Steinhaus
    3. Jimmy Sheptock
    4. Ethen Lofthouse
    5. Ryan Loder
    6. Max Thommusseit
    7. Kenny Courts(YOU HEARD ME)
    8. Pat Downey(WHY!? I HAVE NO IDEA)

R12: Jacob Swartz, Jordan Rogers, Boaz Beard, Tony Dallago

So I more/less hated picking from 7 on. My last two picks were purely me trying to keep Jacob Swartz off the podium. Maybe Jordan Rogers isn't all that this year, but regardless, this is not a great weight and if he's just solid with upside he should hit the r12. I think Steinhaus not placing was a fluke and I think he's the clear number 2, but maybe i'm just irrationally high on him. Downey was a Junior World Silver, so the pedigree is there. He could RS for all I know and maybe we see Dudley? Rutt would be in the top 4 if he were here, but him going 211 at Universities makes me think he may be 197 bound. What's there to say about Ruth that hasn't been said. My stance on Ed is well documented.

Tiers

Ed Ruth

Kevin Steinhaus

Jimmy Sheptock
    Ethen Lofthouse
    Ryan Loder

Max Thommusseit

Kenny Courts
    Pat Downey

Jacob Swartz
    Jordan Rogers
    Boaz Beard
    Tony Dallago

1. Morgan McIntosh
    2. Kyven Gadson
    3. Taylor Meeks
    4. Scott Schiller
    5. Nick Heflin
    6. Travis Rutt
    7. Blake Rosholt
    8. Nathan Burak

R12: Richard Perry, Christian Boley, Mario Gonzalez, Brandon Palik

Yeah I know, what a pick. I'm obviously high on McIntosh and I'll leave it at that and only add that(as you'll see with my tiers) that I think there is minimal separation between the top 7. This will be a great weight to watch this season as right now I'd have a hard time accepting any guy as a favorite. Will be interesting to see if someone emerges and separates.

Tiers

McIntosh
    Gadson
    Meeks
    Schiller
    Heflin
    Rutt
    Rosholt

Burak
    Perry
    Boley
    Gonzalez

Palik(it aint personal)

1. Tony Nelson
    2. Mike McMullan
    3. Bobby Telford
    4. Nick Gwiazdowski
    5. Austin Marsden
    6. Connor Medbery
    7. Mike McClure
    8. Adam Chalfant(FOR YOU RUSS)

R12: JT Felix, Jimmy Lawson, Spencer Myers, Joe Stolfi

Nelson winds up with 3 titles. How many heavies match up with that? I submit there aren't many. I don't think he is on the Neal/Rowlands/Konrad/Mocco level, but the resume will be comparable(if not better) than all of those guys. I don't see anyone here with the offense/size to challenge him. I like the top 6 a lot and after them, I feel none-too-good about any of my picks. Anxious to see what guys(that arent listed) emerge. I will add that there is a guy who I'm not sure if he's wrestling this year or not. If he does I think he'll probably place.

Tiers

Tony Nelson

Mike McMullan
    Bobby Telford
    Nick Gwiazdowski

Austin Marsden
    Connor Medbery

Mike McClure
    Adam Chalfant
    JT Felix
    Jimmy Lawson
    Spencer Myers

Joe Stolfi

That's a rap! Give me some complaints and some names I missed!
    Last edited by vaisforlovers; 08-07-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions 157 Posted

Thanks for posting these!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

Pretty exciting to see some summer predictions! That means wrestling season is just around the corner!!!

Great job VAIS ! At 149 I might have added DePalma as his transfer to kent State should bolster his confidence.I really like the McIntosh pick . Since Coach DeGain left I can only hope Adam makes the podium .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Thanks for posting these.
    I like your use of tiers. Makes a lot of sense

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Great job VAIS ! At 149 I might have added DePalma as his transfer to kent State should bolster his confidence.I really like the McIntosh pick . Since Coach DeGain left I can only hope Adam makes the podium .
    DePalma is interesting. He's shown he's a notch behind Habat and I'm interested to see what he looks like with a full time load first.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Might have been too cautious with Clark. I want someone to show me a redshirt(freshman) season that had that many good wins.
    Ike Jordan was 23-2 losing to Polz and Welch. He placed 3rd at Midlands beating Pena, Peppleman, Walsh, and Dong.

I don't think Ness is going to win.
    I'll be amazed if he can make 149 again as he's heading towards 180 lbs.

6. Robert Kokesh
    And here I thought you were the guy that examined the body of work? You missed him last year and haven't learned your lesson.

3. Bobby Telford
    No comment.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Ike Jordan was 23-2 losing to Polz and Welch. He placed 3rd at Midlands beating Pena, Peppleman, Walsh, and Dong.

I'll be amazed if he can make 149 again as he's heading towards 180 lbs.

And here I thought you were the guy that examined the body of work? You missed him last year and haven't learned your lesson.

No comment.
    I'm counting 1 AA from this year that Ike beat. Clark beat the National Champ and 2 AA's. Next.

Good to see Ness dedicating himself to off-season training.

Kokesh is 1-3 against Evans, and I don't think he's as good as Storley, Brown, Perry, etc. These are my predictions, not rankings. Who do you think he out-places next year?

I would love to see your predictions, but, you're the guy who gripes at others but never offers his own actual picks.

Really good picks. Just a few quick things1. Is Mark Grey really a tier above gulibon?2. Doesn't Lofthouse own multiple wins over Sheptock? 3. I like Kyven Gadsen to get it done at 197 but I am also high on McIntoshNot really much too complain about at all