Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 28 to 36 of 55

Thread: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

  1. #28

    Default Re: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    Really? I had the impression late in his sr year of HS that he was hitting a plateau. If I recall, his Fargo results were good but not great that summer. Doesn't mean I predicted what he's done since, but I had concerns. He didn't look like a kid ready to take off.
    Well, he was going to Cornell who had an absurd run of Freshman AA's. So it was more about Big Recruit+Environment+Track Record=Success. That was my logic at least.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  2. #29

    Default Re: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Well, he was going to Cornell who had an absurd run of Freshman AA's. So it was more about Big Recruit+Environment+Track Record=Success. That was my logic at least.
    Yeah, I have a problem with past results polluting my ability to see new trends too.

  3. #30

    Default Re: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

    Quote Originally Posted by buford View Post
    Iowa State seems to have turned the corner. I heard 20+ stayed in Ames and trained all summer. Hopefully we can stay healthy and continue the improvement. I am excited to watch our potential biggest surprise in Quean Smith take the mat at Hwt. I don't think we have a good idea what 125 to 157 will look like to start the season. Lots of depth and competition at certain weights and guys might move around to try and get in the lineup.
    And they would have never been able to do this, had they kept Jackson on board.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  4. #31

    Default Re: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    Yeah, I have a problem with past results polluting my ability to see new trends too.
    All I said was that I was high on him for one year coming out of high school and my expectations immediately changed that year.

    Are you trying to be a tool right now?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  5. #32

    Default Re: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    All I said was that I was high on him for one year coming out of high school and my expectations immediately changed that year.

    Are you trying to be a tool right now?
    absolutely not. You took it completely the wrong way. Based on what you said, it was clear that you let past results at Cornell lead you to believe Villalonga would turn out differently. I cannot disagree with your thought process at the time. I probably would have thought so as well. Hell, we all would have. I wasn't calling you out. I was commiserating with you.

  6. #33

    Default Re: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    absolutely not. You took it completely the wrong way. Based on what you said, it was clear that you let past results at Cornell lead you to believe Villalonga would turn out differently. I cannot disagree with your thought process at the time. I probably would have thought so as well. Hell, we all would have. I wasn't calling you out. I was commiserating with you.
    haha, I read it like 10 times and was like "I am not sure if he is being a tremendous douche or not." Glad we got that clarified and sorry for the accusation.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  7. #34

    Default Re: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    haha, I read it like 10 times and was like "I am not sure if he is being a tremendous douche or not." Glad we got that clarified and sorry for the accusation.
    no problem Christian. After I saw your post, I read what I wrote and have to agree that it could come across that way. In fact, I probably would have taken it that way too. Sometimes short sentences without complete thoughts come out chilly if you know what I mean. No harm.

    btw, I agree with you completely on the Sorensen discussion at HR. Well thought out reasoning on giving up year 5 for year 1. Not surprised it didn't go over well.

  8. #35

    Default Re: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    no problem Christian. After I saw your post, I read what I wrote and have to agree that it could come across that way. In fact, I probably would have taken it that way too. Sometimes short sentences without complete thoughts come out chilly if you know what I mean. No harm.

    btw, I agree with you completely on the Sorensen discussion at HR. Well thought out reasoning on giving up year 5 for year 1. Not surprised it didn't go over well.
    Thanks. Maybe it's just my perception but HR has a ridiculous amount of mouth breathers compared to reasonable people.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  9. #36

    Default Re: Vaisforlovers NCAA Summer Predictions All Weights Posted

    My $.02

    I disagree with ISU turning the corner. Lineup is thin - better hope for NO injuries. My money is on Mikey England finishing higher than Weatherman. You also overlooked Johnny Eblen at 184. He's gonna surprise people - though not Rutt, as he beat him last year. Unlike Ness, apparently, Houdashelt is a training maniac and the coaches had to ban him from the room for a week. He'll finish higher than 6th. Lastly, look for a pleasant surprise from Mizzou at 141. Mathers is the name, winning's his game!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •