Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McD

Hybrid View

Default McD

After NCAA's I read that McD had previously hurt his shoulder badly and another said it was his back. I'm gathering it was his shoulder. Is that right? Also, at what point did he injure it--pre-season, mid-season or late-season? It sure was a tough break for him his SR year. I wish him all the best in the future.

Default Re: McD

I don't think anything was officially stated but from posters on other boards he had shoulder surgery right after the season, believe a torn labrum. He was in a sling at a postseason freestyle tourney. That's about all that is out there...

Torn Labrum is the word but I look to Jammen on all matters Matt McDonough.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    ... I look to Jammen on all matters Matt McDonough.
    Just on McD?
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Just on McD?
    Or any other topic where Im looking for an ignorant perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Or any other topic where Im looking for an ignorant perspective.
    I think you may have identified Jammens niche, cause that's I only read his posts when I'm looking for an ignorant Iowa perspective as well.

McD's sudden inability to pull in a leg and finish a shot should have been proof enough that he was having some sort of physical issue. I'm not sure I saw him get stretched out and pull one in at all this year, when it was routine the prior three seasons. He's still one of the best hawks of all time. This season does not tarnish that in my mind.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

VA, do you have a source for that? Or is it part of the "Iowa Mystique" that nobody's talking?

If McD did have a torn Labrum then it was very courageous of him to wrestle all season and do as well as he did. Of course not as courageous as Derek St John though. Funny that a torn Labrum doesn't even merit a Coaches Appreciation Award.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

VA, do you have a source for that? Or is it part of the "Iowa Mystique" that nobody's talking?

If McD did have a torn Labrum then it was very courageous of him to wrestle all season and do as well as he did. Of course not as courageous as Derek St John though. Funny that a torn Labrum doesn't even merit a Coaches Appreciation Award.
    This is why I defer to you.

Of course not as courageous as Derek St John though. Funny that a torn Labrum doesn't even merit a Coaches Appreciation Award.
    Jammen, throwing down the freaking trump card!