Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: McD

Default Re: McD

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I'm starting to feel pitty for Jammen as his life must be pretty rotten. This is a man that spends his entire day looking for angles to throw stones at anything Iowa related. Maybe it's time to look into a more constructive hobby, like stick whittling. You can make...well, nevermind. Just showes how noneventful your life is that you are arguing about who recieved the most couragous award on the Iowa wrestling team. Who gives a flyin flip?
    He is a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Just showes how noneventful your life is that you are arguing about who recieved the most couragous award on the Iowa wrestling team. Who gives a flyin flip?
    This is a wrestling chatboard though. We've argued about much less significant things than this before.

If not even Iowa fans care about the Iowa most courageous award then I guess it's a pretty irrelevant thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    This is a wrestling chatboard though. We've argued about much less significant things than this before.

If not even Iowa fans care about the Iowa most courageous award then I guess it's a pretty irrelevant thing.
    It's not just about this discussion. It's about him trying to trash Iowa in every way imaginable on every wrestling board on the internet. It's pathetic

If you know and understand the idiosyncrasies of Jammen's schtick it's to find anyway to cut down Iowa or make it look as though there is division within the program.

His attempt to suggest that Tom Brands basically is saying McD isn't courageous is exactly that. Who knows why he didn't get the award, maybe you have to place to be eligible, nobody knows the criteria. Maybe McD didn't even want it(didn't want sympathy or someone to accept what he viewed as a failure?) this is a guy who threw out his runner up Big 10 trophy. But to suggest that this is some indication of division between Brands and McD couldn't be further from the truth. You can't find a guy more complimentary of a wrestler than Brands is of McD.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Awards banquets are nice for the team involved and the fans as well, but who gets what award is very irrelevant to most people. We don't need McD to get an award to tell us how tough he is.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    It's not just about this discussion. It's about him trying to trash Iowa in every way imaginable on every wrestling board on the internet. It's pathetic
    This

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    If you know and understand the idiosyncrasies of Jammen's schtick it's to find anyway to cut down Iowa or make it look as though there is division within the program.

His attempt to suggest that Tom Brands basically is saying McD isn't courageous is exactly that. Who knows why he didn't get the award, maybe you have to place to be eligible, nobody knows the criteria. Maybe McD didn't even want it(didn't want sympathy or someone to accept what he viewed as a failure?) this is a guy who threw out his runner up Big 10 trophy. But to suggest that this is some indication of division between Brands and McD couldn't be further from the truth. You can't find a guy more complimentary of a wrestler than Brands is of McD.
    and this.

Sheesh! Just because I've won several sig bets concerning Iowa doesn't necessarily mean that I hate Iowa.

I will say that VA is the only poster who I always consider serious and straightforward in his posts. All other posters on this board do have to be read with a grain of salt and tongue-in-cheek. Having said that I am totally serious about the failure to honor McD at the Awards Banquet. I can't imagine any other program doing so. A reasonable explanation is all that I am looking for. If it was McD's decision I hope he talks about it some point in the future.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Ok, I just became Tom Brands. The first three things on my to do list:

1. Calm Down

2. Read this forum and promptly ignore everything unless it was written by VA or JensenS.

3. Consider the McD issue.
    I would easily understand and support McD if he said, "Coach, I don't deserve an award this year. We have a room full of guys who work their butts off, I shouldn't get an award just because I got hurt."
    However, these awards are more than just for the student-athlete. People inside and outside the program look at these. HS fans see the kid who walked on, worked his butt off, and got the coach's award after going .500 in the conference, and say "Maybe I could do that." So while I understand choosing others for the awards, I would have to seriously consider addressing McD's situation in some way. Maybe it is a thank you for the years of leadership on and off the mat, maybe it is something else. Leaving a lot of people wondering what happened has effects too.

Then again, Brands is a much better coach and much closer to the situation than I am (quite obviously), so I have to say he might have done the right thing.