Thread: Interesting

Default Interesting

Chattanooga adds two-time NCAA qualifier Mock

March 12, 2013: Corey Mock, a two-time NCAA qualifier for North Carolina, will be transferring to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. He will wrestle at 165 pounds. Mock was a four-time state champion at Chapel Hill (N.C.) High School, becoming the first four-time 4A state champion in NCHSAA history.

---

Maybe I missed that before, but isn't he coach Mock's son? I haven't seen him live but he has tons of big point victories & losses to tough guys. Usually indicates someone who is really good on top, that the case? Regardless, good pickup for UTC.

Default Re: Interesting

yea-he is coach mock's son-which led to rumors of coach mock's departure-which are not true-UNC had another good recruiting class to add onto several talented light weights . I guess this is just a case where the son felt he couldn't reach his potential wrestling for his dad.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Or couldn't stay out of jail.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    yea-he is coach mock's son-which led to rumors of coach mock's departure-which are not true-UNC had another good recruiting class to add onto several talented light weights . I guess this is just a case where the son felt he couldn't reach his potential wrestling for his dad.
    It makes sense, anything involving family can cause added tension in a "work" environment. I know it well... Best of luck to Mock