Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 33

Thread: Wisconsin Fans..

  1. #1

    Default Wisconsin Fans..

    Thielke going 141 next year?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Wisconsin Fans..

    I assume that Graff will go where he wants then Thielke the other. Won't both do senior circuit at 60 Kg?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Wisconsin Fans..

    Both were 60 at us open. Id guess thielke goes 41 then.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Wisconsin Fans..

    This question only matters in fantasy leagues. We all know Logan is winning all that matters at 141.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Wisconsin Fans..

    Will Graff want to make the cut to 133 again next year with the international scene coming up (which means he will be necessarily smaller to make weight at 133 than 132.5 for international weigh ins? Thielke appears to be smaller to me, and I think Graff's big win over Stieber in Free might embolden him to go 141 even if Stieber goes up there. Also, this should, in theory, alleviate some of Graff's gassing problems like we saw against Ramos.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  6. #6

    Default Re: Wisconsin Fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Will Graff want to make the cut to 133 again next year with the international scene coming up (which means he will be necessarily smaller to make weight at 133 than 132.5 for international weigh ins? Thielke appears to be smaller to me, and I think Graff's big win over Stieber in Free might embolden him to go 141 even if Stieber goes up there. Also, this should, in theory, alleviate some of Graff's gassing problems like we saw against Ramos.
    When Graff's tired, I wonder if it's the cut or if he just has a sub-par tank.

    Some guys can work really really hard, but still just have an inherently bad tank. I coached a kid like that once..
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Wisconsin Fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    When Graff's tired, I wonder if it's the cut or if he just has a sub-par tank.

    Some guys can work really really hard, but still just have an inherently bad tank. I coached a kid like that once..
    Then there are guys who can go all day in the practice room but tire in the first period of a match. It is a weird thing. I don't remember the lady's name, but there was a marathoner from England, I believe, who would win almost every marathon she entered. But whenever it came to the Olympics, she would tire out for some reason. I don't even think she could finish the last Olympics she was in. It is really a strange thing to see people like that.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Wisconsin Fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Then there are guys who can go all day in the practice room but tire in the first period of a match. It is a weird thing. I don't remember the lady's name, but there was a marathoner from England, I believe, who would win almost every marathon she entered. But whenever it came to the Olympics, she would tire out for some reason. I don't even think she could finish the last Olympics she was in. It is really a strange thing to see people like that.
    Pressure and adrenaline do different things to different people. I remember Mark Schultz saying that he is one of those guys who didn't have great cardio no matter how much he trained, but when he was wrestling world champions and such he would get so jacked up on adrenaline he was able to power through it. Fore some other guys, it has the opposite effect.

    Regarding Graff/Stieber... Graff wrestled great, but Stieber was awful. Wreslting on the "B" side of the bracket throws people of too, especially if they aren't used to losing. I'm not sure who would win a rematch, but Im pretty sure Logan won't be rolling to his own back repeatedly again.

  9. #9
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: Wisconsin Fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Then there are guys who can go all day in the practice room but tire in the first period of a match. It is a weird thing. I don't remember the lady's name, but there was a marathoner from England, I believe, who would win almost every marathon she entered. But whenever it came to the Olympics, she would tire out for some reason. I don't even think she could finish the last Olympics she was in. It is really a strange thing to see people like that.
    Probably Paula Radcliffe.. she always was battling injuries as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •