Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best at 133, 2000 to 2013

Default Re: Best at 133, 2000 to 2013

I don't see how Logan Stieber can be ranked near the top in this group when both of his wins, particularly the one over Oliver, were controversial. His decisions were in the eyes of the ref and not on the mat.

Different refs, high probability, different outcomes.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Juergens not getting enough love here

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Juergens not getting enough love here
    Neither is Johnny Thompson in my opinion. I suppose because he didn't win it his senior year
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Johnnythompsonnum1

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Johnnythompsonnum1
    i laughed.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Johnnythompsonnum1
    I think I still see him on other forums.

"What did you do to the guy?"

"I Johnnythompsonnumed him"

I think that #4 is a good place for him. He's a beast, no doubt, but against fellow beasts he didn't show the dominance of Stieber or Oliver and I just think that Travis Lee is a bit more explosive and conditioned for him.

Even though it is still slow as hell in here I'm going to start 141 soon but I need big-time help on it. Looking at the list of champs I have come to the conclusion that 141 is an awkward weight for college wrestlers; they're not really skinny little guys like 125ers, or bulked-up little guy like 133ers, but kind of like a sickly 149er, its a more regular-sized person who is cutting a lot of weight.

I'll weigh in and (although not #1) gomez accomplished a great deal wrestling w/o a coach. At least Esco had Mena .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

didn't Thompson beat Travis Lee?

Regarding Gomez, if you count post college accomplishments, he has some pretty good ones. Won the Pan Ams (over Cuba), silver at world championships, handed 4x world champ Kudukhov his first loss in years, pretty handily too.

BTW is he still wrestling? How about Espinal?

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    didn't Thompson beat Travis Lee?

Regarding Gomez, if you count post college accomplishments, he has some pretty good ones. Won the Pan Ams (over Cuba), silver at world championships, handed 4x world champ Kudukhov his first loss in years, pretty handily too.

BTW is he still wrestling? How about Espinal?
    In wrestlebacks Johnny's senior year and Lee's junior year, 10-8. But I think Lee as a senior beats Thompson his senior year or any other year, which is what these rankings are about, a guy's best year (not necessarily head to head).