141 Carter
    149 Niebert
    157 Brascetta
    165 Moon
    174 Gabel/Epperly
    184 Vetterlein
    197 Borlie
    285 Walz

3 returning AAs (Carter, Niebert, Brascetta) and a decent chance for a 4th (Borlie or Dance).
    Still unclear on 157 and whether or not Brascetta is going to be the guy or will RS.
    I think Gustafson is a kid who is a bit under the radar. Beat Brandon Jeske this year in the state semi and looked good in the national tournaments early in the season (3rd at Beast and Powerade). Rolling around with Dance, Carter, Niebert will only make him better.
    Not sure what the plan is for Epperly. Gabel was pretty tough this season.
    Look for VT to move up a spot or two next year even after losing Yates and Garnett.
    Last edited by jmpollo; 04-10-2013 at 01:55 AM. Reason: missed a word

Default Re: Your teams lineup

Quote Originally Posted by jmpollo View Post
    Virginia Tech
    125 Dance
    133 Spjut/Gustafson
    141 Carter
    149 Niebert
    157 Brascetta
    165 Moon
    174 Gabel/Epperly
    184 Vetterlein
    197 Borlie
    285 Walz

3 returning AAs (Carter, Niebert, Brascetta) and a decent chance for a 4th (Borlie or Dance).
    Still unclear on 157 and whether or not Brascetta is going to be the guy or will RS.
    I think Gustafson is a kid who is a bit under the radar. Beat Brandon Jeske this year in the state semi and looked good in the national tournaments early in the season (3rd at Beast and Powerade). Rolling around with Dance, Carter, Niebert will only make him better.
    Look for VT to move up a spot or two next year even after losing Yates and Garnett.
    Gabel was tough this year, I think he still has a RS, but I say wrestle him and let Epperly redshirt. Not really Dressers style though.

I don't see Brascetta as a 157 lber, so I hope he redshirts this year.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Oklahoma
    125 Jarrod Patterson
    133 Cody Brewer
    141 Kendric Maple
    149 Nick Lester
    157 Matt Lester
    165 Clark Glass
    174 Andrew Howe
    184 Travis Rutt
    197 Brad Johnson
    285 Ross Larson

Quote Originally Posted by prill View Post
    Oklahoma
    125 Jarrod Patterson
    133 Cody Brewer
    141 Kendric Maple
    149 Nick Lester
    157 Matt Lester
    165 Clark Glass
    174 Andrew Howe
    184 Travis Rutt
    197 Brad Johnson
    285 Ross Larson
    If the Lesters can have a bounce back year this is a scary balanced lineup. I know he is a bit under the radar but I am a huge Clark Glass fan and think that he will have a chance to AA right away. Throw that in with probable AAs at 125, 133, 141, 174 and 184 and this team is going to be scary. If they can get anything out of 197 and 285 it will be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by jmpollo View Post
    Virginia Tech
    125 Dance
    133 Spjut/Gustafson
    141 Carter
    149 Niebert
    157 Brascetta
    165 Moon
    174 Gabel/Epperly
    184 Vetterlein
    197 Borlie
    285 Walz

Va Tech always seems to be better in the lighter weights than the heavier weights (at least that's the way it seems to me). Any reason for that?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    I think there is one big question mark (141) and one small question mark (hwt) for PSU:

125 Megaludis
    133 Gulibon
    141 I'll pick Frey over Beitz
    149 A Alton
    157 D Alton
    165 Taylor
    174 Brown
    184 Ruth
    197 MacIntosh
    Hwt Jimmy Lawson

I'm taking Lawson over Gingrich, but I view them as having pretty similar potential, so not a huge difference in who gets that spot.
    A big wildcard would be Gulibon bumping all the way to 141 keeping 133 open for Conaway. Gulibon definitely has filled out to 133, but I don't see him going even higher in his first official year..
    I could be wrong, but I don't think Gulibon can fill out to 141 this coming year, as much as I would like to see Conaway in the line-up as well. He's a fighter! It's not guaranteed that Gulibon can beat Conaway out, but Conaway's small size will make it tough. I also think I've heard that Frey is too big for 141. If he could have made it this year I think he would have challenged Pearsall for the 141 job. I agree with your Hwt assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    I know he is a bit under the radar but I am a huge Clark Glass fan and think that he will have a chance to AA right away.
    I expect him to crack the lineup, have a break out year, while shattering all expectations.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think Gulibon can fill out to 141 this coming year, as much as I would like to see Conaway in the line-up as well. He's a fighter! It's not guaranteed that Gulibon can beat Conaway out, but Conaway's small size will make it tough. I also think I've heard that Frey is too big for 141. If he could have made it this year I think he would have challenged Pearsall for the 141 job. I agree with your Hwt assessment.
    Even with some of his eye-opening matches this year, I don't think Conaway is a match for Gulibon. I wouldn't say he can't beat him, but I would expect Gulibon to win 80+% of their matches.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Ethen, credit to him for placing at both weights and higher at 184, but I'd say his ceiling is much higher at 174 than 184. After Howe, he can probably compete with everyone else.
    I haven't viewed him as being that strong, do you think he really gets a win against Perry? Storley? I just haven't viewed him as being able to get that kind of win. Oddly, I am leaving out Brown in that list even though he made the final. He's kind of an unusual case in wrestling style for an elite level guy (but we'll see how that evolves with another year).