Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deshaun Thomas of Ohio State gives a shout out to wrestling

Default Deshaun Thomas of Ohio State gives a shout out to wrestling

Letter to the editor: All Ohio State sports warrant attention, not just basketball - Sports - The Lantern - Ohio State University
    As a basketball player at Ohio State, I am both proud and honored that our university follows our sport the way they do. It is a privilege to play for Ohio State, to be a part of winning the Big Ten Tournament this year, and to have made it to the Elite Eight.

I know that athletes in other sports that do not get much press coverage are also winning championships. Just two weekends ago, Logan Stieber won his second-consecutive national championship in his weight class in wrestling,

Default Re: Deshaun Thomas of Ohio State gives a shout out to wrestling

That was classy. Good to see.

Heard about this on Mike and Mike this morning, very cool to see/hear.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Very impressive, Ohio State (minus their football program) is slowly winning me over as time goes on. It is wonderful to see student athletes such as this young man step up and support his entire school, and not just his basketball team

Makes me like basketball a little more (especially that basketball player)!!

Hmmm, I wonder how Ban Basketball feels about this one...

Maybe a little bit torn. . .

Very impressive. Glad to see that Logan got a shout-out, but also that so many other "lesser" sports were mentioned as well. Don't typically say this about bball players - but very classy. And what's even more impressive is that the entire letter seemed to be a big F U to the AD.

Unlike most on this board, I am a huge basketball fan and everything that I previously knew about Deshaun Thomas made me think he was a solid guy. This just gives me a little more confirmation. Any time we can get people with a voice to say something about wrestling it is a minor victory