Thread: Boston Dropping Wrestling

Default Boston Dropping Wrestling

RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: Boston Dropping Wrestling

No April Fool's?

Bummer!

Losers.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I knew there was a reason for me to cheer for the Yankees, nothing good comes from Boston.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    I knew there was a reason for me to cheer for the Yankees, nothing good comes from Boston.
    Ugg... still no excuses for rooting for the Yankees and no longer care about baseball, but still hate the Yankees and just to defend my hometown, American democracy and the modern computer came from Boston.

The news is not surprising, however, BU has not been significant or improving for quite some time. BU was never that good but was on the verge on being a smaller conference player 20 years ago, but never really got there. Carl Adams was a fantastic wrestler and a great person, but could not elevate BU. As teams continue to disappear from most of the country, wrestling will end up a regional sport where people care about in the only in the Midwest. It disappeared from the Southeast years ago and is just about gone from the Northwest and California has been fading fast. I think this hurts New England HS wrestling which has been on a slow steady improvement path over the last decade. Losing another DI school isolates the region even more from the top wrestling in the country.

BU is a hockey school and no other sport matters. They dropped football about twenty years ago and no one made much of a fuss.
    Until I got to HS, I played hockey and was a hockey fan. At the time it was a regional sport with two powerhouse conferences in the Northeast and two conferences for the rest of the country. Since that time collge hockey has expanded and wrestling has contracted. I really can't understand why this is, becasue hockey is hugely expensiveand very few areas of the country used to have HS programs, this is the exact opposite of wrestling. Maybe because hockey is easier to understand for people who never played and ends up with more spectators?