Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McD

Default Re: McD

Reminds me a little of Troy Letters' senior year

If he knew this, so why was he so thrown for a loop at the Big 10s when he lost in the finals?

NOT trolling.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Really, seriously, if you're expecting to win, you're expecting to win. Anything less is unacceptable.

That part doesn't change by "outside" variables... at least at the McD caliber level. And the levels don't go any higher.
    Last edited by rstrong; 03-22-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rstrong View Post
    Really, seriously, if you're expecting to win, you're expecting to win. Anything less is unacceptable.

That part doesn't change by "outside" variables... at least at the McD caliber level.
    Even when you knew that your bread and butter wasn't going to be there?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Yes - even then.

You go out to win with what you've got - because that's all you've got. Losing isn't an acceptable option.

Kish, and Esco come to mind. It isn't without precedent.

Esco has undergone 2 more procedures and i keep trying to talk him into retiring and taking over at IU-if he keeps this crap up he'll end up like me with a totally unusable shoulder . I told molloy's coach if he goes to IU i'll never cheer for him again. IF Goldman isn't fired this year then no one but me cares about IU wrestling.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Didnt esco win his title the year he had his shoulder in a brace? I remember Kish making the R12 with LITERALLY only one functional arm; one of the more heartbreaking things I've seen
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    Didnt esco win his title the year he had his shoulder in a brace?
    Yeah, that was the year he initially hurt it. It popped out when he was wrestling Precin in the quarters.

I don't remember who he had in the semi's but he obviously beat Ness that year in the final.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by rstrong View Post
    Yes - even then.

You go out to win with what you've got - because that's all you've got. Losing isn't an acceptable option.

Kish, and Esco come to mind. It isn't without precedent.
    You know, as a gopher fan, Kish was the name that came to mind first for me too. It really sucks to see such great wrestlers, and great kids for that matter, go out injured like that. I guess it makes being a four time all-american even more important for those who are able to do it, when you see some of the greats who could not, even though injury stopped them from doing what really no one else could have.