Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buckvader's shocking NCAA predictions!

Default Re: Buckvader's shocking NCAA predictions!

How can you pick Penn St. to win it all with your picks. I would say you have Minn winning it all with 2 champs, 8 all americans, and 2 rnd of 12s.

I like to see some out of the box thinking!

1. I love the picks (especially 125). I have been bored with the lack of posting the last few days. Bored no more!
    2. About Penn State - the Lions would have to pick up bonus in every match they win to finish in first. With them not even making R12 in 4 weights (133, 141, 149, HWT) they might even need to pick up bonus points in some of the matched they lose, which is hard.

Those are some crazy picks and I doubt any of your shocking prediction wil happen, but I feel confident that something equally or more shockong will happen,b ecasue it does every year.

You've got all of Minnesota wrestling above seed, save Dardanes at 141. Gopher fan?

Quote Originally Posted by nlion91 View Post
    You've got all of Minnesota wrestling above seed, save Dardanes at 141. Gopher fan?
    Yes Gopher fan. But... Minnesota guys outperforming their seeds is due to a number of factors. The Gophers wrestled one of the toughest schedules this year so they have more losses than most other guys. Wrestling with Injuries/illness resulted in some uncharacteristic losses. Seeding committee just plain blew it on a few (Storley, Ness, & Schiller)

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

I am guessing team score was based mostly on guessing and not on the actual picks. The one that of course won't happen in this universe is Grajales finishing second, everything else has at least a 1%-5% chance of happening
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    Yes Gopher fan. But... Minnesota guys outperforming their seeds is due to a number of factors. The Gophers wrestled one of the toughest schedules this year so they have more losses than most other guys. Wrestling with Injuries/illness resulted in some uncharacteristic losses. Seeding committee just plain blew it on a few (Storley, Ness, & Schiller)
    Hey why pick if you can't pick with your heart, I had six PSU finalists in my first draft! Still you're right; Minny got jobbed on a number of seeds and they, like Iowa, always seem to overachieve in the tourney. Why'd you leave Nick out, he is seeded 8th after all?

Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    I am guessing team score was based mostly on guessing and not on the actual picks. The one that of course won't happen in this universe is Grajales finishing second, everything else has at least a 1%-5% chance of happening
    LMAO! Nice.