Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jensen's NCAA Tournament Predictions

Default Jensen's NCAA Tournament Predictions

So I've been terrible this year when it comes to making predictions through out the year like I normally do, and unfortunately I'm going to have to put off making these picks until tomorrow because I just moved into my new house and while my electricity is on I have no lamps.

But my brackets are printed out and I'm excited to sit down and start picking through these. I'll post the picks tomorrow.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: Jensen's NCAA Tournament Predictions

So I lied, found a way to get some light so here is 125.

1. #2 Jesse Delgado (Illinois)
    2. #1 Alan Waters (Missouri)
    3. #3 Matt McDonough (Iowa)
    4. #4 Nico Megaludis (Penn State)
    5. #5 Jarrod Garnett (Virginia Tech)
    6. #6 Nahshon Garrett (Cornell)
    7. #8 Matt Snyder (Virginia)
    8. #10 Josh Martinez (Air Force)
    R12. #7 Nathan Kraisser (North Carolina), #11 Nikko Triggas (Ohio State), US Nick Soto (UTC), #9 Trent Sprenkle (North Dakota State)

Semi's: Waters v. Megaludis, McDonough v. Delgado
    R12: Kraisser v. Garnett, Triggas v. Snyder, Soto v. Martinez, Sprenkle v. Garrett

Desperately wanted to avoid picking the Delgado v. Waters final that it seems like everyone is taking here at this weight. Legitimately tried to pick just about every other possible final from the semi's match ups but kept coming back to this one with Delgado winning. Delgado was just so impressive last week when he beat McDonough.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Got a better sense of this weight than last...not that that is that different from anyone else.

1. #1 Logan Stieber (Ohio State)
    2. #2 Tony Ramos (Iowa)
    3. #3 Tyler Graff (Wisconsin)
    4. #5 Chris Dardanes (Minnesota)
    5. #4 AJ Schopp (Edinboro)
    6. #7 Jon Morrison (Oklahoma State)
    7. #6 Nathan McCormick (Missouri)
    8. #11 George DiCamillo (Virginia)
    R12. #10 Scott Sentes (Central Michigan), #8 Cody Brewer (Oklahoma), #12 Jordan Conaway (Penn State), #9 Levi Wolfensperger (Northern Iowa)

Semi's: Stieber v. Dardanes, Graff v. Ramos)
    R12: Sentes v. Schopp, DiCamillo v. Brewer, Conaway v. Morrison, Wolfensperger v. McCormick

Very chalky, nearly took Conaway over JoMo in the Round of 12. Other than that kind of boring here.

Last one for tonight.

1. #2 Kendric Maple (Oklahoma)
    2. #1 Hunter Stieber (Ohio State)
    3. #6 Ugi Khishignyam (Citadel)
    4. #3 Michael Mangrum (Oregon State)
    5. #4 Mitchell Port (Edinboro)
    6. #5 Evan Henderson (North Carolina)
    7. #11 Mike Nevinger (Cornell)
    8. #8 Nick Dardanes (Minnesota)
    R12. US Joey Lazor (Northern Iowa), US Zach Neibert (Virginia Tech), #7 Mark Ballweg (Iowa), US Steven Keith (Harvard)

Semi's: Stieber v. Port, Khishignyam v. Maple
    R12: Lazor v. Henderson, Neibert v. Dardanes, Nevinger v. Ballweg, Keith v. Mangrum

1. #1 Jordan Oliver (Oklahoma State)
    2. #6 Dylan Ness (Minnesota)
    3. #2 Jason Chamberlain (Boise State)
    4. #3 Donnie Vinson (Binghamton)
    5. #11 Andrew Alton (Penn State)
    6. #12 Eric Grajales (Michigan)
    7. #4 Cole Von Ohlen (Air Force)
    8. #7 Scott Sakaguchi (Oregon State)
    R12. #10 Ivan Lopouchanski (Purdue), #8 Nick Brascetta (Virginia Tech), US Drake Houdashelt (Missouri), #9 Jake Sueflohn (Nebraska)

Semi's: Oliver v. Grajales, Ness v. Chamberlain
    R12: Lopouchanski v. Von Ohlen, Alton v. Brascetta, Houdashelt v. Sakaguchi, Sueflohn v. Vinson

Given that even Zapp of all people have given up on Grajales I literally can't believe that I have him in the semi's right now. I know I'm going to feel stupid when he gets beat by Mayfield in the first round, but looking at his path I can literally see him winning (or losing) every match up until he wrestles Oliver.

I would truly love to be wrong about Grajales, but he looks like a pudgy, short, out of shape 149 lber to me. I have him losing to Santos of Columbia and dropping into a guy who is an awful match up for him in Sakaguchi in the Round of 12. If he gets to the quarters and gets VonOhlen (who is banged up), I think he might put a real beating on him, just from a match up perspective and make it to Oliver in the semis. A match I would truly love to see given their history, and maybe that would light a fire under his ass.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Halfway through. Swear that I'm channeling Zapp as I make these picks. Irritated that vais beat me to mentioning that Dylan Alton has an amazing draw for himself.

1. #2 Derek St. John (Iowa)
    2. #8 Dylan Alton (Penn State)
    3. #1 Jason Welch (Northwestern)
    4. #3 Joey Napoli (Lehigh)
    5. #4 James Green (Nebraska)
    6. #6 Alex Dieringer (Oklahoma State)
    7. #5 James Fleming (Clarion)
    8. #10 RJ Pena (Oregon State)
    R12. #7 Jesse Dong (Virginia Tech), #11 Walter Peppelman (Harvard), #12 Jedd Moore (Virginia), #9 Frank Hickman (Bloomsburg)

Semi's: Alton v. Green, Dieringer v. St. John
    R12: Dong v. Fleming, Peppelman v. Welch, Moore v. Pena, Hickman v. Napoli

Was dangerously close to picking my boy Fleming to crash the final from the top part of the bracket. I need some unseeded guys on my proverbial podium during the second half of these.

How do you see the Ness v Chamberlain semi going? I struggled with that one.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I understand that Alton has fared well against people on his side of the bracket but I can't help but be puzzled by everyone picking him to get to the finals. He lost three matches last week. I don't think he is trending in the right direction to crash the finals