1. Jesse Delgado, Illinois
    2. Alan Waters, Missouri
    3. Matt McDonough, Iowa
    4. Nico Megaludis, Penn State
    5. Jarrod Garnett, Virginia Tech
    6. Nathan Kraisser, North Carolina
    7. Nahshon Garrett, Cornell
    8. Matt Snyder, Virginia

Semifinals: Alan Waters vs. Nico Megaludis; Matt McDonough vs. Jesse Delgado

Round of 12: Kraisser vs. Nick Soto, Chattanooga; Snyder vs. Tyler Cox, Wyoming; Garnett vs. Steve Bonanno, Hofstra; Garrett vs. Josh Martinez, Air Force

Team race implications: You can see where Iowa and Penn State placed above. David Thorn of Minnesota was eliminated by Kraisser in the round before the Round of 12. Eddie Klimara eliminated in the second round of wrestlebacks by Christian Cullinan.

133 lbs:

1. Logan Stieber, Ohio State
    2. Tony Ramos, Iowa
    3. Tyler Graff, Wisconsin
    4. Nathan McCormick, Missouri
    5. AJ Schopp, Edinboro
    6. Cody Brewer, Oklahoma
    7. Chris Dardanes, Minnesota
    8. Jon Morrison, Oklahoma State

Semifinals: Logan Stieber vs. AJ Schopp; Nathan McCormick vs. Tony Ramos

Round of 12: Dardanes vs. Scotti Sentes, Central Michigan; Brewer vs. Goerge DiCamillo, Virginia; Morrison vs. Geoff Alexander, Maryland; Graff vs. Shelton Mack, Pittsburgh

Team race implications: Iowa, Minnesota, and Oklahoma State can be seen above. Jordan Conaway of Penn State lost in the round before the Round 12 to Geoff Alexander.

141 lbs:

1. Kendric Maple, Oklahoma
    2. Hunter Stieber, Ohio State
    3. Undrakhbayar Khishignyam, The Citadel
    4. Michael Mangrum, Oregon State
    5. Nick Dardanes, Minnesota
    6. Evan Henderson, North Carolina
    7. Mitchell Port, Edinboro
    8. Mark Ballweg, Iowa

Semifinals: Hunter Stieber vs. Evan Henderson; Undrakhbayar Khishignyam vs. Kendric Maple

Round of 12: Port vs. Joey Lazor; Dardanes vs. Brandon Nelsen; Ballweg vs. Mike Nevinger, Cornell; Mangrum vs. Steven Keith

Team race implications: Iowa and Minnesota are above. Julian Feikert of Oklahoma State and Bryan Pearsall of Penn State both lost in the second round of consolations after losing in the first championship rounds.

149 lbs:

1. Dylan Ness, Minnesota
    2. Jordan Oliver, Oklahoma State
    3. Donnie Vinson, Binghamton
    4. Jason Chamberlain, Boise State
    5. Jake Sueflohn, Nebraska
    6. Steve Santos, Columbia
    7. Scott Sakaguchi, Oregon State
    8. David Habat, Edinboro

Semifinals: Jordan Oliver vs. Steve Santos; Dylan Ness vs. Jason Chamberlain

Round of 12: Habit vs. Cole VonOhlen, Air Force; Sueflohn vs. Ian Paddock, Ohio State; Sakaguchi vs. Eric Grajales, Michigan; Vinson vs. Nick Brascetta, Virginia Tech

Team title implications: Minnesota and Oklahoma State are above. Iowa has no competitor. Andrew Alton of Penn State lost in the round before the Round of 12 to Ian Paddock.

157 lbs:

1. Derek St. John, Iowa
    2. Dylan Alton, Penn State
    3. Jason Welch, Northwestern
    4. Walter Peppelman, Harvard
    5. Joey Napoli, Lehigh
    6. James Fleming, Clarion
    7. James Green, Nebraska
    8. Taylor Walsh, Illinois

Semifinals: Dylan Alton vs. James Fleming; Joey Napoli vs. Derek St. John

Round of 12: Green vs. Jesse Dong, Virginia Tech; Welch vs. Alex Dieringer, Oklahoma State; Walsh vs. RJ Pena, Oregon State; Peppelman vs. Josh Demas, Ohio State

Team title implications: Iowa and Penn State are above. Dieringer of Oklahoma State lost in the Round of 12 to Jason Welch. Danny Zilverberg of Minnesota won his first match, but then lost to Napoli and Kyle Bradley in succession, losing in the second round of consolations.

165 lbs:

1. Kyle Dake, Cornell
    2. David Taylor, Penn State
    3. Pete Yates, Virginia Tech
    4. Stephen Monk, North Dakota State
    5. Tyler Caldwell, Oklahoma State
    6. Bubby Graham, Oklahoma
    7. Mark Lewandowski, Buffalo
    8. Zach Toal, Missouri

Semifinals: Kyle Dake vs. Tyler Caldwell; Bubby Graham vs. David Taylor

Round of 12: Monk vs. Nick Moore, Iowa; Toal vs. Nick Sulzer, Virginia; Lewandowski vs. Conrad Polz, Illinois; Yates vs. Mike Moreno, Iowa State

Team title implications: Penn State and Oklahoma State are above. Nick Moore of Iowa lost in the Round of 12, and Cody Yohn of Minnesota lost the previous round to Zach Toal.

174 lbs:

1. Mike Evans, Iowa
    2. Chris Perry, Oklahoma State
    3. Logan Storley, Minnesota
    4. Jordan Blanton, Illinois
    5. Josh Asper, Maryland
    6. Robert Kokesh, Nebraska
    7. Matt Brown, Penn State
    8. Lee Munster, Northwestern

Semifinals: Chris Perry vs. Josh Asper; Mike Evans vs. Jordan Blanton

Round of 12: Kokesh vs. Dan Yates, Michigan; Munster vs. Nate Brown, Lehigh; M. Brown vs. Matthew Miller, Navy; Storley vs. Todd Porter, Missouri

Team title implications: All 4 teams grab an All American here. I am an unabashed Mike Evans homer, you're not going to make me feel bad about picking him to win. Matt Brown caught Logan Storley in the consi quarters, which is why he's so low. I had him getting upset by Blanton in the championship quarters.

184 lbs:

1. Ed Ruth, Penn State
    2. Ben Bennett, Central Michigan
    3. Steve Bosak, Cornell
    4. Kevin Steinhaus, Minnesota
    5. Robert Hamlin, Lehigh
    6. Ryan Loder, Northern Iowa
    7. Jacob Swartz, Boise State
    8. Josh Ihnen, Nebraska

Semifinals: Ed Ruth vs. Steve Bosak; Ryan Loder vs. Ben Bennett

Round of 12: Steinhaus vs. Chris Chionuma, Oklahoma State; Ihnen vs. Mike Larson, Missouri; Swartz vs. Ethen Lofthouse, Iowa; Hamlin vs. Max Thomusseit, Pittsburgh

Team title implications: Penn State and Minnesota grab All Americans. Chionuma of Oklahoma State I have getting upset in round 1 by Max Thomusseit and battling all the way back to the Round of 12 where he unfortunately runs into Kevin Steinhaus in a brutal match. Lofthouse of Iowa loses to Steinhaus in round 2, but making it to the Round of 12 where he loses to Jacob Swartz of Boise State.

197 lbs:

1. Dustin Kilgore, Kent State
    2. Quentin Wright, Penn State
    3. Matt Wilps, Pittsburgh
    4. Kyven Gadsen, Iowa State
    5. Nate Scheidel, Binghamton
    6. Alfonso Hernandez, Wyoming
    7. Scott Schiller, Minnesota
    8. Micah Burak, Penn

Semifinals: Dustin Kilgore vs. Alfonso Hernandez; Kyven Gadson vs. Quentin Wright

Round of 12: Scheidel vs. Brent Haynes, Missouri; M. Burak vs. Richard Perry, Bloomsburg; Schiller vs. Taylor Meeks, Oregon State; Wilps vs. Jake Meredith, Arizona State

Team title implications: Penn State and Minnesota grabbed All-Americans. Blake Rosholt of Oklahoma State lost in the round before the Round of 12 to Richard Perry of Bloomsburg. Nathan Burak of Iowa lost in the round before the Round of 12 to Nate Scheidel of Binghamton.

285 lbs:

1. Tony Nelson, Minnesota
    2. Chad Hanke, Oregon State
    3. Alan Gelogaev, Oklahoma State
    4. Bobby Telford, Iowa
    5. Zac Thomusseit, Pittsburgh
    6. Dom Bradley, Missouri
    7. Mike McMullan, Northwestern
    8. Adam Chalfant, Indiana

Semifinals: Zac Thomusseit vs. Chad Hanke; Alan Gelogaev vs. Tony Nelson

Round of 12: McMullan vs. Connor Medberry, Wisconsin; Bradley vs. JT Felix, Boise State; Chalfant vs. Jarod Trice, Central Michigan; Telford vs. Mike McClure, Michigan State

Team title implications: Minnesota, Oklahoma State, and Iowa pick up All Americans here. Jimmy Lawson of Penn Sate lost to Chalfant in the round before the Round of 12.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Default Re: Zapp's Duelin' NCAA Predictions - All Weights Posted

I agree with the champs at 125, 133, 157, 165, 174, 184, and 197. I'll post my predictions if I find my filled out brackets and definitely after St. Patrick's day. God bless the Irish
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Dom at 6 is my biggest beef. A few guys I wouldnt have included, but overall nice job. Im wrapping mine up now. Some of these matches are so close it is almost impossible to know who to go with.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I had Dom losing to Zac Thomusseit twice, in the quarterfinals and the 5th place match. I also had him losing to Alan Gelogaev in the consolation Semis. At HW, obviously, lots of these matches could go either way. Telford got a little lucky because I felt he does better against guys like Thomusseit, who fell to him in the consolation Semis. I would have had Telford losing to either Bradley or Gelogaev.
    Last edited by Zapp Brannigan; 03-17-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

Almost as good as Vak's.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Team scores with Placement points ONLY

Schools Total
    Iowa 66
    Minnesota 66
    Penn State 65
    Oklahoma State 34
    Cornell 30
    Missouri 30
    Illinois 28
    Ohio State 28
    Oklahoma 28
    Oregon State 23

Interesting that you have Graff finishing third but not in the semi-final match. What are your thoughts there?

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    Interesting that you have Graff finishing third but not in the semi-final match. What are your thoughts there?
    I think he'll get caught looking past a very tough McCormick to his rematch with Ramos, and lose, but when on full focus he'll beat McCormick in the 3/4 rematch.