Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: B1G brackets

Default Re: B1G brackets

Taylor with a late takedown and some stall points secures a 9-1 major
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Penn State leads the team race 139-135 with four to go

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Great job Brownie.

Brown with a big 5 pointer in the second rallies off giving up a point in the first for pulling Evans' sock. Brown wins 7-3 and seemingly cements one of my all time best (unintentional) reverse jinxes as Iowa goes 0-4 in their finals

NO champs for Iowa..... has to be the first time in a long time

I'm thrilled with Brown's win, but I honestly think Evans got his bell rung a bit right after Brown's escape early in the second. He looked noticeably dazed for the next 15 seconds or so, and just a little off the rest of the way.

Ruth wins 5-3, Steinhaus wrestled hard but the match wasn't really that close

Wright and Nelson both win their matches as expected.

Will be interested to see who wins the yearly awards.

My Hawk thoughts:
    Can't be that disappointed.

McD-This is the new reality. He's not as good as Delgado. He'll probably have him in the semis and he'll lose and it will be sad. That's who he is now.

Ramos-Narrowed the gap against a world class wrestler. Beat 2 AA's on the way to the finals.

Ballweg-Great to make the finals, beat someone who majored him 2 weeks ago.

DSJ-Lost to someone he beat before, but a very dangerous wrestler. He can't get ridden like that. Pinned Alton and got 3rd. Not a BAD tournament.

Moore-Another fine tournament, shouldn't have lost to Yohn, but that's what happens when you wrestle the same guy that many times.

Evans-It was close with Brown the last time, and he somehow pulled it out. He beat Blanton worse than he did last time, and Brown caught him after 1 mistake. Brown is good, no shame in that loss.

Ethen-Awesome tournament. Could not have done better.

Burak-Great tournament. Sucks to lose to Gonzalaz, but he almost beat him the 2nd time and almost had Schiller. He's right there and very well could AA this year.

Bobby-Fine tournament. Right there with Nelson. Dominated everyone else.

This team improved from Nat. Duals to here, and they'll improve again between now and NCAA's. This is a dangerous team.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.