Thread: Changes in tOSU's B1G line-up

Default Changes in tOSU's B1G line-up

According to the article below, Paddock is replacing Tessari and they are not pulling Tavanello's RS at Hwt. Wonder why Tessari's not wrestling? He's been up and down, but he would seem to have a higher potential than Paddock.

No. 6 Buckeyes Travel to Big Ten Championships - OhioStateBuckeyes.com - The Official Athletic site of The Ohio State University
    Last edited by TomWright25; 03-08-2013 at 05:07 AM.

Default Re: Changes in tOSU's B1G line-up

Tessari must be injured. There were rumors on the local forum here that Ryan was going to release Padddock and he would end up at either Cornell or Binghamton next year. He supposedly was going to get the release as opposed to straight out transferring so he wouldn't lose a year of eligibility, although I'm not sure if that is correct info. Glad to see he is getting a shot, great kid, although it would be nice if he could be at 141 as he is not quite up to the horsepower at 149.

According to this post from another board, Tessari is out due to discipline problems:

According to a supposed insider for tOSU over at TheMat:

"Tessari out due to disciplinary action. Has nothing to do with his wrestling performance, was an off the mat incident. As of right now it is deemed speculative but apparently enough cause for the coaches to pull him until the issue is resolved. That is all i am at liberty to divulge
    ."

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Tessari must be injured. There were rumors on the local forum here that Ryan was going to release Padddock and he would end up at either Cornell or Binghamton next year. He supposedly was going to get the release as opposed to straight out transferring so he wouldn't lose a year of eligibility, although I'm not sure if that is correct info. Glad to see he is getting a shot, great kid, although it would be nice if he could be at 141 as he is not quite up to the horsepower at 149.
    That would be a first to give the team captain a release.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    That would be a first to give the team captain a release.
    Apparently Ryan thinks very highly of Paddock but can't give him the spot on the team just because of that, not with Stieber there and Paddock can't beat Tessari either. Captains are elected by the team as a whole so apparently the entire team also thinks very highly of the kid. But that was the reason why Ryan was going to give him the release (as opposed to having him transfer), so he wouldn't lose the year of eligibility, at least that was what I read.

He's a stand-up guy. He comes from a very large family of wrestlers, with brothers who are all state champs. One of his younger brothers had a near fatal accident this year cutting trees down on their farm and Ian dropped everything at tOSU to be with him and his family. Things were pretty iffy if his brother would even make it for a while but apparently he's made an excellent recovery and wrestled this year, much of it due to Ian being there for him with near-constant 24hr/7wk support. He basically lived in the hospital with him.

Sounds like a great kid. I'd love to see him tear up the bigtens and then the NCAAs. That would make a great story!

Paddock/Dwieza are both wrestling up a weight.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"