Thread: Conference automatic qualifiers and final coaches ranking and RPI

Default Conference automatic qualifiers and final coaches ranking and RPI

"Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: Conference automatic qualifiers and final coaches ranking and RPI

Wow, the B10 got 9 spots at HWT. Hard to believe there are more high-level guys there than at 174 (8 slots).

Weird to see the ACC having way more slots than the Big 12 (30 to 19), but times they are a-changing...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Wow, the B10 got 9 spots at HWT. Hard to believe there are more high-level guys there than at 174 (8 slots).

Weird to see the ACC having way more slots than the Big 12 (30 to 19), but times they are a-changing...
    And, will continue to change. . .with MD and maybe UNC & UVa joining the B1G.

I wish the B1G would get rid of teams not add them.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

I have a hard time believing that if the Big 10 adds Rutgers, Maryland, North Carolina and Virginia, that it will stay together as a regional qualifier. I think the NCAA will have to go to regional qualifiers and not let the Big 10 stay that big as a qualifier.

Hmmm, interesting thought. That conference would have about double the number of wrestling teams as any other conference. I could see them with 12 slots in a some weight classes (over 1/3 available for the entire country). I don't know how they would make a change though.

As a side note, I think it would make the formalized National Duals that much tougher to convince people to go to. Imagine have a 16 person bracket coming up in a couple weeks - just for your conference?? But if you wanted to, imagine taking the top 4 B10 schools, as well as the conference champs from the top four other conferences (Maybe EIWA, B12, Pac12 and MAC this year? but that is a different debate). Put them in an 8 team bracket - trying to avoid B10 rematches in the first round...