Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Injuries" at National Duals.

Default "Injuries" at National Duals.

It seemed to me that there were a lot of one match injuries during National Duals yesterday. The fans were robbed of a lot of pretty good match ups. I'm sure NCAA's being a month away had a lot to do with it. Hopefully that trend will not continue this weekend in Minneapolis.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: "Injuries" at National Duals.

Can't believe that Houdashelt and Lopouchanski didn't get to go after it. Not that its premiere but at that regional they were the two best.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Bottom line is if you don't wrestle your seed will be effected. That would put an end to this "protect the seed" injury bug that happens every year at this time. Complete BS in my book.

All the ducking is starting to get annoying and really is not good for building fan support and encouraging people to spend money on events.

The VA home page said Moore was sick . why not weigh in a back up then ?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

well they can say all they want but until coaches/wrestlers start getting punished for missing events nothing will change. We won't get new fans doing this type of BS. Like when I went to IC to watch IA vs tOSU and Streebler didn't wrestle. I personally saw fans get up and leave as soon as they new streebler wasn't going. Several of them said the only reason they came was to see that match and it didn't happen. I am not saying Logan was ducking but just using that as an example. Some of the fans that left the arena might have been 1st time fans and were turned off by not seeing what they paid to see. Man I know I was really pissed but I love wrestling so stayed to watch the entire dual of course.

your last sentence pretty much sums up a lot of today's problems with college wrestling ! The average fan who showed to watch Ramos/Steibler would have been pissed , left and never returned , yet the coaches get away with guys ducking one another as long as die hard fans stay and keep coming back for more !
    IF fans would (i.e.-boycott the next dual after a ducking incident ) i'd bet this crap would stop. College wrestling's fan base is not growing-just growing older (like me )-after watching the high school state tournament over the weekend I actually saw passion and coaching going on .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

A comprehensive solution would involve penalties for wrestlers who skip marquee matchups, as well as an opportunity for athletes to sit out less important matches. With NCAA wrestlers making weight and competing as many times as they do, you can't really blame them for wanting to get breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    your last sentence pretty much sums up a lot of today's problems with college wrestling ! The average fan who showed to watch Ramos/Steibler would have been pissed , left and never returned , yet the coaches get away with guys ducking one another as long as die hard fans stay and keep coming back for more !
    IF fans would (i.e.-boycott the next dual after a ducking incident ) i'd bet this crap would stop. College wrestling's fan base is not growing-just growing older (like me )-after watching the high school state tournament over the weekend I actually saw passion and coaching going on .
    So are you saying Logan should be punished for being injured??? He missed 3 matches. 2 on that weekend and then one the next weekend.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...