Ducking sucks, but I don't like the idea of only seeding 4. It is bad for the fans, but it happens in every sport when there is nothing to gain by winning and more to lose by losing.
Back to the first principle: how do you justify penalizing someone who is sick or injured. Are you going to form some kind of committee to look at his med records to see if the sick/injured claim is legit? It may be annoying but there is no way to stop it. Coaches want to win duals, and have their kids be individually successful. If you reallly think that you've been shafted, stop goign to matches and let the AD know why and if you think that a match that you wanted ot see was called off for no legit money demand the price of the ticket back.............
The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.
I guess I'm just old and set in my ways yet i used to love wrestling studs! i lost 90% of the time yet I always showed up -and the other 10% more than made up for the losses ! Plus , I used to have kids move up to face tougher guys ! IMO, all wrestlers are going to lose at some point-(consider that a 99.9% given )i.e.-who'd have thought Porter would major Perry ? So WHY duck a guy ? All it does is 2 things-piss off the fans and make you look like a pussy !
You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.
Russ, I love your attitude. I know how you feel- I had a lot of flaws as a competitor, but avoiding competition wasn't one of them. This stuff happens internationally (where they don't even seed tournaments) too. At the world cup, Goudrazi's coach wouldn't let him wrestle Burroughs. (Also, Varner sat out and no one seems to know why).
At a time when wrestling is struggling to prove it's relevance to the IOC and world community, this stuff needs to stop. Sports fans love best on best competition. Wrestling- at all levels- should be looking to match up the best as often as possible. Can you imagine if they had Burroughs wrestle the Japanese (66 kg) and Azeri (84 kg) Olympic champions in exhibitions at a world cup type event?
Looks like Brad Smith didn't want McCormick wrestling against Ramos this weekend. This is the type of crap that has to be cut from wrestling. It doesn't do the sport any good and I highly doubt McCormick was hurt. He seemed fine in his other matches last weekend. Brad Smith was simply playing the seeding card.
It's Brian Smith, Chop. Since you highly doubt it, that must make it true, huh? McCormick and Smith don't duck or play seeding games. Period. I know them both personally. He's dinged up.