Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Wrestling dropped

Default Re: Wrestling dropped

Isn't there a new head of the international federation? I thought there was a major change-over in the leadership. Brands said the same thing about the international federation. If what the Canadian's women's coach reported is current information it would be a shame if the attitude of a few caused wrestling to no longer be an olympic sport. But I was led to hope that there was a significant change at the top.

Default Re: Wrestling dropped

This is current information. There is indeed a new FILA head that seems to be somewhat more competent, but according to coach V a lot of old attitudes remain entrenched.

More responses and information on this thread. Coach V elaborates on his statement and discusses what is being done to re-instate wrestlng, as well as some of the potentially hopeful signs. I'm not going to keep copying and pasting threads but I strongly recommend talking a look. I think you need to sign on as a member on the oawa.ca forum but it is well worth it. There is also a lot of good information about international tournaments on the message board for those interested.
    Login
    Last edited by arm-spin; 03-06-2013 at 04:08 PM.