Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kyven Gadsen

Default Kyven Gadsen

I'll probably jinx Gadsen with this thread but that's not the object. Kyven has been quietly having a great year for the Clones. He is currently 17-2 with losses coming to Wilps (4-3) and Meeks (8-6). He has notable wins against Atwood (7-2), Borlie (9-6), Gonzalez (9-5), Micah Burak (3-1SV), Meredith (9-1) and Rosholt (3-1). He's basically in his freshman season after suffering a season ending shoulder injury in his first match last year. The two early losses to Wilps and Meeks were close and I think he has learned from them. He's strong and very quick. He can get you with his catlike slide by or his power double. He's also no stranger to back points. I think Kyven can beat anyone in the weightclass. That's not to say he'd be the favorite against all but he has the ability to beat anyone. I think he makes a run in the tournament and makes the semi's if not the finals. The kid is going through alot personally right now too and I think he uses it as motivation for his training.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Default Re: Kyven Gadsen

Gadsen should have beaten Wilps . I'm sold on Gadsen making the podium .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

I think Gadsen can be top 3 come March

Did Iowa St wrestle Missouri? If so, did he wrestle Haynes?

Haynes/Gadson haven't met this season.

Gadson would probably win given how the two have wrestled.

Kyven is literally the only bright spot on this season for ISU, which is terribly sad.

They have talent there. They simply need a new coach. I don't like calling for people to get fired, but Kevin Jackson is simply doing a poor job.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

There are three bright spots for ISU. Gadsen, Moreno and Weatherman. Gadsen the brightest.

I havent looked at the freestyle page yet but I woke up this morning and turned on the news. The first story was that the IOC dropped wrestling from the Olympics. I kinda feel like I'm gonna puke.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post

Kyven is literally the only bright spot on this season for ISU, which is terribly sad.

They have talent there. They simply need a new coach. I don't like calling for people to get fired, but Kevin Jackson is simply doing a poor job.
    But Schwab is doing a GREAT JOB, even though ISU just spanked UNI like nobody's bidness.

ISU is 7-4 in duals, UNI is 8-4, with three of those wins over JUCO teams and SIU Edwardsville.

One coach has AAs under his belt, another doesn't.

So, do we fire both coaches?
    Last edited by ban basketball; 02-12-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post

I saw Luke Goettl's record today and it's 5-9! I know he was terribly inconsistent last year too. But still, how could I guy beat Maple (last year) and have that bad of a record?

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    But Schwab is doing a GREAT JOB, even though ISU just spanked UNI like nobody's bidness.

ISU is 7-4 in duals, UNI is 8-4, with three of those wins over JUCO teams and SIU Edwardsville.

One coach has AAs under his belt, another doesn't.

So, do we fire both coaches?

I realize that this is off topic, but Ban's post mentioning SIU Edwardsville raised a question in my mind. Around 20 years or so ago SIU Edwardsville had a very strong wrestling team. What happened to them? I would guess that it has to do with finances, but don't know anything for sure. Does anyone know?