Thread: 149 in the Big Ten

Default 149 in the Big Ten

What is going on? Is the Big Ten really this weak at 149? They might not have any AA's this year. Grajales is wrestling well right now....but we all know how quickly that can change. Ness has barely wrestled this year and when he did he was only okay in some matches. Alton has apparent conditioning or weight issues. Lopouchanski is the only Big Ten 149lber that has been consistent. Both Sueflohn & Tessari have had some flashes of brilliance but both have been average too.

Big ten record before, complete record after
    7-0 Eric Grajales 17-3
    4-1 Dylan Ness 7-2
    6-1 Ivan Lopouchanski 20-1
    3-2 Andrew Alton 21-2
    5-2 Jake Sueflohn 17-4

According to rankings....it looks like: Oliver, Chamberlien, Vinson, and Sakaguchi will AA. Then maybe Brascetta, Von Ohlen, and Santos. That leaves only one spot for a Big Ten kid.

Will Grajales, Ness, Alton, and Lop be able to break into AA status at NCAAs?

Default Re: 149 in the Big Ten

I wouldn't rule out the B1G so quickly. I don't see anyone beating JO. After him, there isn't anyone in the rankings that most of the B1G guys couldn't beat (or lose to for that matter). A lot will depend on who peaks for the NCAA's. But I would be surprised if the B1G didn't have 2 or more AA's this year at 149.

You haven't been watching Ness. He's back.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    You haven't been watching Ness. He's back.
    I hope you're right!

I think the B1G could have 4 or 5 AA's at 149. Right now they are just beating on each other. Steel sharpens steel. Wait until they get a hold of the guys from these other conferences. I wouldn't count out Schmitt just yet. I'm hoping he gets hot and pulls a Jordan like senior season at Nationals!