Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Alan Waters new #1 at 125!

Default Re: Alan Waters new #1 at 125!

Ban,
    I remember picking burroughs to win (10-7) because he was on my fantasy team yet was hoping AH would deck him. i am usually open minded and objective about wrestlers yet I WILL NEVER bet against Andrew . The start of his college career and my finding a college wrestling forum was no accident.I've watched AH since his freshman year in high school when he lost (2-3) to Reece humphries-his only loss in high school...
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Ban,
    I remember picking burroughs to win (10-7) because he was on my fantasy team yet was hoping AH would deck him. i am usually open minded and objective about wrestlers yet I WILL NEVER bet against Andrew . The start of his college career and my finding a college wrestling forum was no accident.I've watched AH since his freshman year in high school when he lost (2-3) to Reece humphries-his only loss in high school...
    He's a hard guy to not root for honestly. It's entirely possible he's the 2nd-4th best guy on Earth at 74kg. I'd like to see him bulk up to 184.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I wonder what weight AH goes at next year? Will he cut down to 165 again, or move up to 174? And, this is an interesting discussion on the Waters thread!

Burroughs/Howe... Howe gave him a really tough match their last Olympic trails bout, looked like the better guy for much of the match but but JB beat him anyway. Howe is a tough matchup for Burroughs (my theory is he's the only guy stronger than Burroughs out there) but his results against other top competition don't suggest a top 2-4 in the world type ranking. Among others, he's lost to 66kg wrestler Haislan Garcia and got torched by Geduev.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    It's entirely possible he's the 2nd-4th best guy on Earth at 74kg.
    I like that you capitalized "Earth", in order to differentiate from other earths.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I like that you capitalized "Earth", in order to differentiate from other earths.
    Earth is the proper name of a planet, so it should be capitalized. THe word "earth" non-capitalized can be used a variety of the way, but is often used to mean dirt. He was right to capitalize it.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Earth is the proper name of a planet, so it should be capitalized. THe word "earth" non-capitalized can be used a variety of the way, but is often used to mean dirt. He was right to capitalize it.
    Some would disagree, see third bullet under item #4.
    Capitalization

MIT disagrees as well
    Capitalization

It's apparently a more hotly debated topic than I would have guessed, but it is debated nonetheless.

Earth - National Geographic Style Manual

CAPITALIZATION RULES (#18, see the note)

Earth (capitalization) - Grammarist

Either way, I think it makes the most sense to capitalize proper names/nouns, and in the context vais used, it was a proper name.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Hence I Captilize Everything In Order To Not Make Any Mistakes
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth