Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Waters new #1 at 125!

Default Re: Alan Waters new #1 at 125!

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Exactly! Until I see otherwise, any conversation about 125 right now stops and starts with Waters.

He's going to be tough to beat (maybe Delgado, but we'll see).
    Delgado does have a win over Waters at least year's NCAA's.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Delgado does have a win over Waters at least year's NCAA's.
    I actually said Delgado because when all else is equal, I'll side with quickness any day of the week, which Delgado has.

I've said it since the days that I boxed, but there's no defense for quick, and why I also laughed when people thought that Howe had a chance against Burroughs. I took a serious drubbing for that one, but homey knew that he was WAY too quick for Howe's flat feet.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

He posts on a wrestling site under the name Ban Basketball, yet refers to himself as "Homey".
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I actually said Delgado because when all else is equal, I'll side with quickness any day of the week, which Delgado has.

I've said it since the days that I boxed, but there's no defense for quick, and why I also laughed when people thought that Howe had a chance against Burroughs. I took a serious drubbing for that one, but homey knew that he was WAY too quick for Howe's flat feet.
    Howe is not a flat footed wrestler. He actually has pretty exceptional movement. Jordan Burroughs is the best wrestler walking planet Earth right now, homey.

I credit you for calling JB over Howe though as I(idiotically) was on the wrong side of that one.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

My favorite wrestler to watch at 125 is Delgado, but even with his latest results I would be hard pressed to go against McD at NCAA's. McD just has the sort of mindset most wrestlers can only dream of.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Howe is not a flat footed wrestler. He actually has pretty exceptional movement. Jordan Burroughs is the best wrestler walking planet Earth right now, homey.

I credit you for calling JB over Howe though as I(idiotically) was on the wrong side of that one.
    I should have clarified: Howe looks flat footed to me compared to Burroughs, just simply because of the difference in movement and quickness between the two.

And, you weren't alone in calling Howe on that one. I'm almost inclined to say that I was the only person calling Burroughs, just based on the criticism I got for the call (even AFTER the fact).
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

BB, you were most definitely NOT the only one calling Burroughs over Howe. Lots of people on that side of the debate. Like vais, though, I was on the wrong side of it.
    Last edited by Zapp Brannigan; 02-26-2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Fixed a misstatement
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Did that many people really think Howe had a shot? I thought burroughs was going to beat him comfortably and it wasnt going to be that close.

Then again, I was also the one saying that Burroughs would have destroyed Metcalf in a rematch if they hadn't been at different weights Burroughs Junior year, and I took a LOT of flak for that. Of course we'll never be able to prove that particular hypothetical, but I think Burroughs accomplishments have given my side of the argument a lot more credibility.
    Gold is an idiot.

Burroughs would have killed Metcalf that year. I have absolutely no doubt. For that reason. Metcalf probably would have won.

As far as no defense for quickness, I disagree, I saw Buster Douglas put Mike Tyson's lights out with one punch. It can happen.
    I was doing the hour of power in college and spit out my beer when he hit him...I remember it like it was yesterday.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."