Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Penn St vs Ohio St predictions

Default Penn St vs Ohio St predictions

I think this match is similar to the Iowa/Illinois match in that it would take a few upsets for tOSU to win the match. PSU is favored at 125, 149, 157, 165, 184, & 197. TOSU is favored at 133,141,& 285.174 is a tossup. I think the Bucks have a decent shot at 149 with A Altons recent performances. 197 could come into play as well, especially if Courts goes.

125: Megaludis Dec Triggas 3-0 PSU
    133: Stieber WBF Conaway 3-6 tOSU
    141: Stieber WBF Pearsall 3-12 tOSU
    149: Alton Dec Tessari 6 -12 tOSU
    157: Alton Dec Demas 9-12 tOSU
    165: Taylor WBF Martin 15-12 PSU
    174: Heflin Dec Brown 15-15 Tie
    184: Ruth Md Magrum 19-15 PSU Same prediction if Courts goes
    197: Wright Dec Courts 22-15 PSU Same prediction if Campo goes
    285: Capone Dec Gingrich 22-18 PSU
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: Penn St vs Ohio St predictions

I posted this on another board a while back:

125 #2 Megaludis vs #12 Triggas Nico Dec 3-0 PSU
    133 UR Conaway vs #1 L Stieber Stieber fall 3-6 tOSU
    141 UR Pearsall vs #2 H Stieber Stieber MD 3-10
    149 #7 A Alton vs #19 Tessari AA Dec 6-10
    157 #5 D Alton vs #18 Demas DA Dec 9-10
    165 #2 Taylor vs UR Martin DT Fall 15-10
    174 #5 Brown vs #7 Heflin Brown Dec 18-10 (This is again the match-up of the night)
    184 #1 Ruth vs UR Magrum Ruth Fall 24-10 (Same pick whether Magrum or Courts)
    197 #3 Wright vs UR Courts Wright MD 28-10 (see 184)
    Hwt #17 Lawson (??) vs #12 Capone Lawson Dec 31-10 PSU (This would be an upset based on rankings)

I'm a little embarrassed picking that score, as it's hard to believe it could/would turn out that way, but those are my weight-by-weight picks. Granted that I'm picking PSU at 174, Hwt which are either toss-up or tOSU favored.

I like your picks better from a fans perspective ...but I think tOSU keeps it close.

Not really much in terms of marquee matches and not a lot for Ohio State other than from the Stiebers. I don't see Heflin beating Brown.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

i was impressed by Brown vs. Evans yet I think Heflin can slow any match down-I don't see Wright majoring Campo since he had a little trouble with gonzo.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    i was impressed by Brown vs. Evans yet I think Heflin can slow any match down-I don't see Wright majoring Campo since he had a little trouble with gonzo.
    Camp didn't wrestle Gonzales of Illinois, back-up 84lber Kenny Courts laid the law on Gonzales. I'm intrigued by a possible Camp vs Wright match as I believe Camp is athletic enough to negate the funk of Wright and make him wrestle a tighter match to beat him

Quote Originally Posted by RD149-2 View Post
    Camp didn't wrestle Gonzales of Illinois, back-up 84lber Kenny Courts laid the law on Gonzales. I'm intrigued by a possible Camp vs Wright match as I believe Camp is athletic enough to negate the funk of Wright and make him wrestle a tighter match to beat him
    RD-,
    I was talking about wright vs. Gonzo-4-2 Wright with Rt
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Lions lead 23-18 heading into 285. Pins by Taylor & Ruth and MD's by Wright and Mega the difference. Buckeyes wrestled tough.

If Jordan is able to come in and light the world on fire before the Stiebers are gone, tOSU might do to the rest of the country what PSU has done with the top of their lineup. The two Stiebers are machines and they need one more guy to step up and be on that same "stud" level. They need Tessari to find that flair and a couple other guys to step up but they could be insanely good in two years.