Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Penn St vs Ohio St predictions

Default Re: Penn St vs Ohio St predictions

Can someone explain when replay is used? There was a close no-call at the end of the match at 157. The live cast I was watching had a decent shot at Demas' hands as the clock ran out. Any speculation on why they didn't look it over?

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Nice fall for Hunter.

I didn't see that coming, though I expected him to dominate.
    Vais--It wasn't Pearsall in the line-up but Reber (PSU's back-up 133 pounder). I'm not surprised by that result. But you're right if it had been Pearsall, he's not a world beater, but he held H Stieber to a Dec last year.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    I agree. I was just pointing out that I personally think it's more to do with the competition he is wrestling than the way Matt is wrestling. It's looking like he was a little overranked and expectation may have been a little too high
    I think you're right 1st place. Matt has a ton of potential, but his body of work was limited coming into this season (his win over Storley last year being his big win). He's not polished in scrambles and his aggressiveness against the top guys has mostly worked against him at this point. Last night it was reported that he took 15 shots to Heflin's 3. Heflin's last second TD came on a Brown shot. But when Brown's technique develops more and he's more experienced--watch out. That said, 174 is a killer and anyone of 6 or 7 guys could win the NCAA title if they get hot.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Vais--It wasn't Pearsall in the line-up but Reber (PSU's back-up 133 pounder). I'm not surprised by that result. But you're right if it had been Pearsall, he's not a world beater, but he held H Stieber to a Dec last year.
    Oh wow.

I had the volume for the iowa match on.

Thanks!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by denger View Post
    Can someone explain when replay is used? There was a close no-call at the end of the match at 157. The live cast I was watching had a decent shot at Demas' hands as the clock ran out. Any speculation on why they didn't look it over?
    Each coach can request one replay per meet. I believe refs can elect to use it at an time outside of that, though I have almost entirely seen it happen at the request of a coach. I think there are limits as to what can be overturned, but I do not know what the limits are.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    Each coach can request one replay per meet. I believe refs can elect to use it at an time outside of that, though I have almost entirely seen it happen at the request of a coach. I think there are limits as to what can be overturned, but I do not know what the limits are.
    From the committee...
    An experimental rule that allows mat-side video review takes effect this season, excluding open tournaments.
    Designation of the official mat-side video review system will be determined by the host school before thebeginning of competition.
    The host will also determine thenumber of mats and the rounds the mat-side video review system will be used. If the mat-side video review is used, the host must provide notification toparticipating coaches no later than weigh-ins.
    Mat-side video review may be used to confirm or reverse on-the-mat decisions, except a fall.
    The mat-side video review process will operate under the assumption that the ruling on the mat is correct, and only when there is indisputable video evidence that a ruling was incorrect,will a call be changed. Absent that evidence, the original ruling will stand.
    Each team will be allowed one coach’s challenge per dual meet, including team advancement tournaments.
    Each team in an individual advancement tournament, excluding open tournaments, will be allowed three challenges to be used at the coach’s discretion. If a coach’s challenge is successful, the team will retain that challenge.
    A coach may ask the referee to stop the match for a challenge by approaching the scorer’s table when there is no significant action and requesting that the match be stopped.
    Last edited by BigTenFan; 02-13-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTenFan View Post
    From the committee...
    An experimental rule that allows mat-side video review takes effect this season, excluding open tournaments.
    Designation of the official mat-side video review system will be determined by the host school before thebeginning of competition.
    The host will also determine thenumber of mats and the rounds the mat-side video review system will be used. If the mat-side video review is used, the host must provide notification toparticipating coaches no later than weigh-ins.
    Mat-side video review may be used to confirm or reverse on-the-mat decisions, except a fall.
    The mat-side video review process will operate under the assumption that the ruling on the mat is correct, and only when there is indisputable video evidence that a ruling was incorrect,will a call be changed. Absent that evidence, the original ruling will stand.
    Each team will be allowed one coach’s challenge per dual meet, including team advancement tournaments.
    Each team in an individual advancement tournament, excluding open tournaments, will be allowed three challenges to be used at the coach’s discretion. If a coach’s challenge is successful, the team will retain that challenge.
    A coach may ask the referee to stop the match for a challenge by approaching the scorer’s table when there is no significant action and requesting that the match be stopped.

Thanks Guys. I guess tOSU didn't designate the mat-side review prior to the match, then, or we might have seen a challenge. Maybe that's what Coach Ryan was huffing indignantly about after the 157 match.