Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IU gets SW Ohio stud

TV IU gets SW Ohio stud

Ohio jr Jacob Danishek has chosen to continue wrestling for Russ' man crush at IU. Phenomenal pickup for the Hoosiers as Danishek is on target to be a 4xer in Ohios little school division. Hopefully he can break the IU/Ohio curse as it seems and have a successful career as a Hoosier, and for rosy ton hopefully he gets a new coach b4 his career ends

Default Re: IU gets SW Ohio stud

How does IU keep recruiting good wrestlers with everything Russ keeps saying about the coach/program? (IU's results/history seem to confirm what Russ relates)

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    How does IU keep recruiting good wrestlers with everything Russ keeps saying about the coach/program? (IU's results/history seem to confirm what Russ relates)
    I ask myself this question every time I see them get a good recruit. I understand that they have money to offer kids (all the ones that have other options seem to leave), but kids have to look at what the program has to offer. Seems like a complete waste

great pickup for the Hoosiers. This kid is WAY underrated.
    My name's Louden, Louden Swain. Last week I turned 18. I wasn't ready for it. I haven't done anything yet. So I made this deal with myself. This is the year I make my mark.

listen real close, Duane Goldman has screwed up bigger talents than this young man. And this is no knock on what you think his tallents are. This is a red flag for a kid that has no idea what goes on in the Indiana practice room.

Quote Originally Posted by southend View Post
    listen real close, Duane Goldman has screwed up bigger talents than this young man. And this is no knock on what you think his tallents are. This is a red flag for a kid that has no idea what goes on in the Indiana practice room.
    I'm not saying that Goldman is a great coach (I really don't follow IU close enough to make that decision) but If a young mans career doesn't turn out like he expects I think that the overwhelming majority of the blame rests on their shoulders. I think that its a bit juvenile to say that the coach is responsible for "screwing up" wrestlers. I could name you a few of IUs national champions who think Goldman is a pretty decent coach if you'd like...
    My name's Louden, Louden Swain. Last week I turned 18. I wasn't ready for it. I haven't done anything yet. So I made this deal with myself. This is the year I make my mark.

Quote Originally Posted by louden swain View Post
    I'm not saying that Goldman is a great coach (I really don't follow IU close enough to make that decision) but If a young mans career doesn't turn out like he expects I think that the overwhelming majority of the blame rests on their shoulders. I think that its a bit juvenile to say that the coach is responsible for "screwing up" wrestlers. I could name you a few of IUs national champions who think Goldman is a pretty decent coach if you'd like...
    That'd be great - who are the national champions who think Goldman is a pretty decent coach?

joe dubuque and angel escobedo seemed to do just fine. But like I said, I'm not defending the guys job

All that I'm saying is that blaming someone else for your own failures is not only very immature, but its also one of the most disadvantageous things a person can do. If you spend your time playing the blame game you are not only setting yourself up to be an unsuccessful college wrestler, but you'll be a pretty crappy person as well.

I agree with your post on the blame has to go on the individual as much as the coach, but look through the resumes of the roster of IU compared to any Big 10 school other than MSU. Seems as recruiting and keeping high end kids there is a major problem as it has been recently at MSU. Escobedo, Dubuque, Gomez were quite some time ago...