Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: PSU vs Iowa Dual

Default Re: PSU vs Iowa Dual

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    Blue DSJ is probably 1 of the best hand fighters in the country. I wouldn't suggest he is an eye gouger by any means. He is just hard nosed and tough. I mean who makes the NCAA finals on 1 leg? DSJ does.

Q is really dangerous for certain. I just think people are under estimating Burak on his feet. After all he did spend a year at the OTC (wrestling on his feet) which will help him not get tossed to his back. I think Q will be more dangerous trying for the spladel against Burak than tossing him. Carver is not friendly to the opposition and Q does have a history of under performing in duals against IA. Like I stated earlier he seems to have a bone head match during the year and I predict this to be it. I still think he wins but won't be surprised if it is by DEC only. Burak is no slouch from his feet. Also remember Vinny Wagner gave Q all he wanted and then some last year. He was way undersized and couldn't finish shots otherwise Q may have suffered the upset. Burak is built better but needs to finish unlike Wagner. Also Q was only able to DEC both Atwood and Schiller. Burak lost in OT to Schiller last week and Atwood beat him like 4-1 before he started to turn the corner.
    Such a history of poor performance.. He lost one time when he had a completely decimated shoulder. Once healthy he destroyed the same opponent.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Va not sure what you are trying to say here. All I am saying is in my opinion Q will get the DEC. I was pointing common people they have each wrestled as of late that Q didn't Maj or TF or PIN. My point with Vinnie Wagner was Vinnie gave Q all he wanted in that match but was too undersized to finish his shots. I think he ended up winning against Vinnie like 7-2 or something. Vinnie wasn't a world beater but he staying in good position and attempted to score but just couldn't finish. I think you are making excusses for Q's loss to Gambrall which is your opinion. What happened when he was beat by Ihnen and Steinhaus last year? I think Q is better than both those guys but like I keep saying year after year Q has a let down yearly. Do you think it crazy that I am only picking Q by DEC? I don't think Burak is much different than Schiller (went to OT last week) and Atwood (lost like 4-2 at begining of year) who Q DEC this year.

I'm a PSU fan that's picking QW by decision as well (with the caveat that he could pin Burak; but if he doesn't it will be a Dec). I also think Burak is looking better. I do have to say that you never know for sure what you get with QW. Almost any outcome is possible, but I don't see Burak beating him.

Va not sure what you are trying to say here. All I am saying is in my opinion Q will get the DEC. I was pointing common people they have each wrestled as of late that Q didn't Maj or TF or PIN. My point with Vinnie Wagner was Vinnie gave Q all he wanted in that match but was too undersized to finish his shots. I think he ended up winning against Vinnie like 7-2 or something. Vinnie wasn't a world beater but he staying in good position and attempted to score but just couldn't finish. I think you are making excusses for Q's loss to Gambrall which is your opinion. What happened when he was beat by Ihnen and Steinhaus last year? I think Q is better than both those guys but like I keep saying year after year Q has a let down yearly. Do you think it crazy that I am only picking Q by DEC? I don't think Burak is much different than Schiller (went to OT last week) and Atwood (lost like 4-2 at begining of year) who Q DEC this year.
    No you aren't crazy. I'm picking Q wbd as well. It's just you referencing this history of q underperforming its not really the case. But you and I will always go back and forth about the mentaly weakest NCAA champ.

Blue DSJ is probably 1 of the best hand fighters in the country. I wouldn't suggest he is an eye gouger by any means. He is just hard nosed and tough. I mean who makes the NCAA finals on 1 leg? DSJ does.

Q is really dangerous for certain. I just think people are under estimating Burak on his feet. After all he did spend a year at the OTC (wrestling on his feet) which will help him not get tossed to his back. I think Q will be more dangerous trying for the spladel against Burak than tossing him. Carver is not friendly to the opposition and Q does have a history of under performing in duals against IA. Like I stated earlier he seems to have a bone head match during the year and I predict this to be it. I still think he wins but won't be surprised if it is by DEC only. Burak is no slouch from his feet. Also remember Vinny Wagner gave Q all he wanted and then some last year. He was way undersized and couldn't finish shots otherwise Q may have suffered the upset. Burak is built better but needs to finish unlike Wagner. Also Q was only able to DEC both Atwood and Schiller. Burak lost in OT to Schiller last week and Atwood beat him like 4-1 before he started to turn the corner.
    I'm picking on DSJ for his first match with Taylor when he took out one of DT's contacts, then the other, then tried to get the first one out again. DT hadn't put it back in, so DSJ wasn't successful. I did enjoy his match Zilverberg. While not the best competition for comparison, DSJ's active hands defense and length make him a tough target to take down. D Alton will definitely have to be at his best. I actually would enjoy a really offensive match, maybe 6-4, between the two of them.

I like the long shot prediction on this being Q's sleeper (in the bad way) match. I think Q is continuing to look better at the new weight and is gaining speed, so my pick goes the other way, but I still like it.

Is there any place to watch this dual other than the B1G network? Any online streams or anything?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Great read, Vais. I'm ready to watch right now!

I think the match will be closer than what you have but I still see Iowa being favored to win at home. PSU needs that one upset and it will be tough. I will say you made me a little more optimistic about Gingrich. Where he has been able to pick off good guys is slower matches where he can wait to counter a guy late. If Telford doesn't push the pace early (well, as much as heavyweights push the pace), things look much more promising to Gingrich. If Telford gets a first period TD and rideout....

Very possible bbl!