Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: # 4 Iowa Hawkeyes vs. # 3 Minnesota Golden Gophers: Discussion, Predictions, and Results

Default Re: # 4 Iowa Hawkeyes vs. # 3 Minnesota Golden Gophers: Discussion, Predictions, and Results

Maybe not the right place for this but....

Clay Guida's stach >>>>>>> Evans Stach

Default Re: # 4 Iowa Hawkeyes vs. # 3 Minnesota Golden Gophers: Discussion, Predictions, and Results

Evans had it first, guida riding his coattails
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

A lot goes into the winning or losing of a dual meet yet this may be the first time a 1/10 second swipe of a ref's hand decided a match/dual. IMO,Ness deserved NF3 yet only got NF2,Zapp (whose opinion I respect) said he saw a 4 count from his angle -then a readjust then a 3 count . Never a 5 tho-IMO, it was 3 all day long.

Yohn still sux tho..
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post

Yohn still sux tho..
    I will defer to the experts(Zapp and JensenS), but could it have less to do with Yohn sucking and more to do with Nick Moore having zero regard for human life?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I'm going with Yohn sucking. Even when he was in on shots his goal was to stalemate, not to say moore didn't deserve to win, but yohn definitely did not

I think it was a combo of Moore looking good and Yohn looking absolutely terrible. Nick did look the slickest I've seen him look all year. Got to Yohn's legs whenever he wanted to

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    Jason Ness has a big head
    That happens when one wins the Hodge.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    OK, so who gets their kudos for calling this dual for Iowa? Anyone?
    djwerd called it on the G board:

I have the dual tied at 15 with Iowa winning on criteria.

McDonough dec
    Ramos dec
    Ballweg dec
    Ness dec
    St. John dec
    Moore dec
    Storley dec
    Steinhaus dec
    Schiller dec
    Nelson dec

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Cody Yohn sux...
    Perhaps we'll see Deja Vu;

Mike Evans (Iowa) Fall Cody Yohn 6:02
    Cody Yohn Dec Mike Evans (Iowa) 5-3 SV
    Mike Evans (Iowa) Dec Cody Yohn 5-4