Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: # 4 Iowa Hawkeyes vs. # 3 Minnesota Golden Gophers: Discussion, Predictions, and Results

Default Re: # 4 Iowa Hawkeyes vs. # 3 Minnesota Golden Gophers: Discussion, Predictions, and Results

Nick Moore just won the dual for Iowa.

When I was shooting my mouth off about the Gophers winning the final 5 I'd forgotten I guess about Cody Yohn's ability to be himself.

Never mind, Yohn gets a reversal so rather than losing they should (hopefully) be able to salvage a tie if they sweep the last four.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: # 4 Iowa Hawkeyes vs. # 3 Minnesota Golden Gophers: Discussion, Predictions, and Results

I think I'd rather say that More looked great.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

bs stall call. Kyle Dake should get that every match if they're calling it that quick

this seems eerily familiar

Good match at 174. I don't come away thinking that Storley is any better than Evans. Like 141, I think that match is a complete coin flip if they meet up again

Steinhaus with a solid win at 184.

If it comes down to 15-15 it looks like Iowa is on line to win on total match points
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

So it's not a forfeit at 285, eh? Interesting...
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Cody Yohn sux...
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

I know it's HW and called differently, but Nelson's "ride" is just the worst thing ever. From a viewing perspective, anyway.

Quick takes (please note I only listened to the first 3.75 matches...got video about 3/4 of the way thru 149):

125: Nice recovery from an early hiccup by McDonough.

133: Ramos put it on Dardanes. Wonder if he's still recovering from the sickness issue?

141: Pretty evenly matched as expected. Sounds like Ballweg did a lot of backing up.

149: Ness has got to be kicking himself for missing out on the bonus.

157: St. John similar to NEss, was far too inactive late.

165: Coming out performance from Nick Moore. Of course, Yohn is prone to lay an egg at the worst possible time.

174: Match of the night, for me. Razor thin margin. Evans could've/should've had the match. Storley was very impressive with his movement off bottom but was passive from neutral. Not enough for a stalling call, but enough that I noticed. Difference was the review that overturned the TD for Evans and then Storley getting a TD with a few seconds left in the 2nd period, leaving Evans little time to escape. Lots of fun, and I think Evans can very much beat him despite Jensen's protestations earlier in the week.

184: Pretty much what was expected, but this is the other guy for Minny who should be kicking himself. Why was he riding Lofthouse that far into the third? May have cost Minny the match.

197: Lots of fun, but both guys are still works in progress. Schiller really dodged a bullet here as Burak was in repeatedly, and deep, but appears to be suffering from what we call "Junior Season Luke Lofthouse Syndrome". Fun match to watch, though, as both guys were active and attacking.

HWzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...Sorry, I started typing it and passed out from the soporific effects.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...