Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iowa vs OSU Predictions/Results

Hybrid View

Default Iowa vs OSU Predictions/Results

A big dual coming up this weekend in Stillwater. If Rosholt is still not back, that could make the difference. If Rosholt is in the line-up I would see OSU as small, but clear favorites. Without him it's pretty close to a toss-up. Here are my picks. How do you see it?

125 #1 McDonough vs UR Klimara McD TF 5-0 Iowa
    133 #2 Ramos vs #5 Morrison Ramos Dec 8-0 (Morrison is looking very good, but Ramos is looking better)
    141 #10 Ballweg vs UR Feikert Ballweg Dec 11-0 (although Feikert could surprise here; not picking it)
    149 UR Kelly vs #1 Oliver Oliver TF 11-5
    157 #1 DSJ vs #9 Dieringer DSJ Dec 14-5
    165 #18 Moore vs #3 Caldwell Caldwell Dec 14-8 (would like to pick MD, but Caldwell just isn't that aggressive)
    174 #4 Evans vs #1 Perry Perry Dec 14-11 (this should be the bout of the night)
    184 #10 Lofthouse vs #15 Chionuma Chio Dec 14-14 (my upset pick; only I'm not sure it's an upset)
    197 UR Burak vs UR Schafer Burak Dec 17-14 (not having Rosholt, if that's the case, really hurts OSU)
    Hwt #7 Telford vs #3 Gelogaev Gelogaev MD 17-18 OSU (Gelogaev hasn't looked quite as awesome as last year, but I believe he'll get it done here, as Telford hasn't looked as good either)

Default Re: Iowa vs OSU Predictions/Results

I'll just hope for more action than last year's dual, which saw less than 80 match points scored combined between the teams. Iirc, it was 15-15 with 0 bonus points scored and the Cowboys won based on more match points scored, which was still less than 40 (or less than 4 points per wrestler per match). I watched the match on DVR in probably 10 minutes and was thankful I had DVR at my disposal.

34 + 23 = Too Close To Call | News | Flowrestling

Math got screwy at the end. Apologies.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Vais--Looks like our picks are very close--except you're figuring that Rosholt wrestles, giving OSU a 20-13 victory. If Rosholt doesn't wrestle I imagine your prediction would be 17-16 OSU.

I see four upsets today:
    1. Chewy over Lofthouse
    2. Dieringer over DSJ
    3. Burak over Rosholt
    4. Morrison over Ramos

Apparently the CBS Sports Big 10 package is not the same as the one that I need for this dual, eh?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Apparently the CBS Sports Big 10 package is not the same as the one that I need for this dual, eh?
    I'm getting kicked out when I try to access the link. Wants me to pay the monthly subscription? What the heck?

Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    I'm getting kicked out when I try to access the link. Wants me to pay the monthly subscription? What the heck?
    Same deal for me. You can at least access the audio here.

Iowa Official Athletic Site - Wrestling

I'll be busy between listening to this dual and watching UNI/Air Force, but there's also a great dual today with Oregon State/Wyoming.