Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbery!

Default Robbery!

I don't normally start threads, but as an impartial judge of the Dake/Taylor match, I have no doubt that Taylor was robbed! Worst calls I have seen in a long time!

Default Re: Robbery!

That didn't look like a reversal from my living room. I will have to watch the match again, but for now I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by rynekey54 View Post
    That didn't look like a reversal from my living room. I will have to watch the match again, but for now I agree.
    Totally agree - how do you call a reversal in the air as both are going out of bounds & the angel that I saw on flo was an escape at the end by Taylor - totally robbed & I heard that the ref is a cornell guy!

yep...pretty awful
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Yeah, that was a very bad call. Let's hope we get another great match or two out of them this year and that we don't have any questionable calls. Always a shame when that happens.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Refs had been doing bad at the Scuffle all day, shame they had to have their magnum opus at the most important match of the day.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

From our boy SHP. I haven't seen it yet. I'm absolutely giddy about all the crying/gloating and not rooting for either team for once!

The feeling I got, after talking to people, was this: Most people on the side of the arena press row was on thought it was a bad call. Most people on the side of the arena opposite from press row thought the official got the call right. Their angle was likely better, given that the action was on the opposite side of the arena, and their backs were to us, meaning they'd be able to see hand control better than me. I'll have to give them the benefit of the doubt, until I'm able to get home to see the video tomorrow.

In fact, the bigger discussion inside the arena wasn't the reversal, it was the non-escape, and unlike the reversal call, it was definitive that that one decided the match.

Regardless, we'll be discussing this one for a while. Hopefully the "experimental" video review becomes permanent come next year.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

After seeing the video, looks like 2 to me. I'm fine with it.

The escape looks much more questionable, but you can't see Dake's hands.