Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Midlands Championships: Predictions, Results, Discussion

Default Re: 2012 Midlands Championships: Predictions, Results, Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    He had a great tournament, but "MUCH" I'm not sure about.

Pena, Peppelman, and Walsh is a nice grouping of wins but none of those guys (and I'm including Peppelman despite his All American finishes) have been above losing to guys they shouldn't during the course of their careers.

As for Clark the loss to Cullinan (who has suddenly gone out of his mind over the last month) takes a little shine off his tournament but he still beat Patterson and Sprenkle. I'll take those two wins along with his early season win over Delgado as a better triplet of wins than Jordan's at this tournament.
    I don't care who each of them wrestled, I'm simply saying from the standpoint of a person who sat there for two days watching each of them wrestle side by side that Jordan is as talanted or more than Clark at this point, as true freshmen.

Seeing them wrestle is different than reading their bout sheets.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Jordan is as talanted or more than Clark at this point, as true freshmen.
    This is different from what you said in your first post. I have no umbrage with this line of thinking.

You're so cute when you attempt to be condescending.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

This is different from what you said in your first post. I have no umbrage with this line of thinking.

You're so cute when you attempt to be condescending.
    No, what I said were two different things that don't contradict one another. I said that people are spending way too much time talking about Clark's talent and more time should be devoted to talking about Jordan's talent. In short, it's all been about Clark, and Jordan, up to this point, has been overlooked, rightfully so. Nothing in my first statement should be taken to say that Jordan is better than Clark, just as good as Clark.

I wasn't really trying to be condescending, but I find that often from wrestling posters: we base how good someone is on what we read or reading who they beat, all the while we may never even see the people wrestle in person. Seeing Jordan and Clark side by side proves that point perfectly.

So I'm starting to see the point a little better I think, and I say this as someone who has seen both Jordan and Clark wrestle so I'm not just going off of results and seeing who they beat.

Is it that both guys are really good, but people are only talking about Clark where they should be talking about both? Or is it that Jordan is underrated and Clark is overrated?

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

[QUOTE=JensenS;502969]Is it that both guys are really good, but people are only talking about Clark where they should be talking about both? QUOTE]

That, exactly. However, and as I said, that's also understandable, as Jordan really kind of made his mark for the first time nationally this weekend.

More talk should, and will, be devoted to Jordan after this weekend, I would guess.

So Ban are you predicting that Jordan will have a more accomplished career than Clark? I have not seen either wrestle in person, but have been more impressed with Clark. I was hoping Meeks would look that good this year which clearly isn't the case...

[QUOTE=ban basketball;502971]
    Is it that both guys are really good, but people are only talking about Clark where they should be talking about both? QUOTE]

That, exactly. However, and as I said, that's also understandable, as Jordan really kind of made his mark for the first time nationally this weekend.

More talk should, and will, be devoted to Jordan after this weekend, I would guess.
    This I can certainly get behind.

Like I said earlier those are three nice wins. In the bit that I've seen of him on video I like his style, nice to see it pay off for him with the big wins that he got this weekend.

Nice to see something good happening for that Wisconsin program again with him and Thielke looking tough this weekend.

I don't care who each of them wrestled, I'm simply saying from the standpoint of a person who sat there for two days watching each of them wrestle side by side that Jordan is as talanted or more than Clark at this point, as true freshmen.

Ok so the competition you wrestle is not a factor in your talent evaluation? Yeah that makes sense.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Ok so the competition you wrestle is not a factor in your talent evaluation? Yeah that makes sense.
    Because I've made compliments before that (somehow?) got turned against me, Homey decided that he isn't going to defend himself anymore when he makes a compliment. So, in short, Homey don't play dat.

Bottom line? Side by side, BOTH are great true freshman, and their individual talents are best witnessed IN PERSON. I'll stand behind any of the above comments.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file.php?2,file=43587,filename=Homey_Don_t_Play_That.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	3093
    Last edited by ban basketball; 01-01-2013 at 01:20 AM.