Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alton boys to test Cael's zero tolerance policy

Default Re: Alton boys to test Cael's zero tolerance policy

The Bubba comparison is a terrible one. Assuming there have not been a string of behavior issues with the Altons that have not been publicized, we are talking about a first time offense by a pair of kids who seem to be doing good things versus a kid who was a chronic problem in and out of the wrestling room. Steadman is a useful comparison.

I'm pretty sure there is a no drinking at all policy during the wrestling season, so I would assume that there will be a temporary suspension (thank you jammen). I'm definitely disappointed that the Scuffle is the most likely victim of the suspension - I really wanted to see both guys against some top competition.

Funny this criticism is coming from people posting with all Iowa Avatars!! I guess they forget about Montell!

rtim11 please point out where the Iowa fans are criticising this for me. I just read all the post again and think most IA fans are saying it is a 1 time occurance so harsh punishment isn't needed. We are saying if a female was injured intentionally by either Alton then severe punishment is needed. Go read the post for yourself and show me where an IA fan is piling on please.

Quote Originally Posted by rtim11 View Post
    Funny this criticism is coming from people posting with all Iowa Avatars!! I guess they forget about Montell!
    I liked you better when you only had 1 post.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Always Vais with the humor!

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Well played. Not a line you can use often...

Quote Originally Posted by rtim11 View Post
    Great 2nd post rtim11. I just re-read all the posts again too and almost everyone is saying 2 dual suspension is warranted. Not sure where anybody, Iowa fan or not is piling on at all. And, youre the one that brought Montell up, nobody from Iowa has mentioned Montell at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    The Bubba comparison is a terrible one. Assuming there have not been a string of behavior issues with the Altons that have not been publicized, we are talking about a first time offense by a pair of kids who seem to be doing good things versus a kid who was a chronic problem in and out of the wrestling room. Steadman is a useful comparison.

I'm pretty sure there is a no drinking at all policy during the wrestling season, so I would assume that there will be a temporary suspension (thank you jammen). I'm definitely disappointed that the Scuffle is the most likely victim of the suspension - I really wanted to see both guys against some top competition.
    I agree the Bubba comparison is not even close, but what I cant remember is the off the mat issues that Bubba had. Was he getting arrested quite a bit or was it just the lack of participation with the program and going to school that ultimately got him kicked off the team?

Americans and their attitude towards Alcohol is so foolish. Wine with a meal is normal in many countries. It is hard for a kid to rebel by drinking when he has has a beer with dad or wine with grandma at meals as a regular thing since mid teens and in many cases a sip or a few of wine since youth. Even in Church wine is part of the sacrament.

Americans take such pleasure in finding something wrong with pleasure and relaxation.

As for Cael and his policies, his mormon upbringing and atmosphere and their great phobia concerning alcohol will be tested by two young men who got into an altercation where alcohol was present.