Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dake vs Taylor II

Default Dake vs Taylor II

The Dake vs Caldwell thread was getting a little over the top for me, so I'm going to start a new thread for this (which should be a new one anyway). On the Dake vs Caldwell thread there was debate about Caldwell taking down against Dake. I DON'T want to rehash that here, but it does raise the question, if Dake/Taylor wrestle again at the Scuffle (assuming Taylor beats Caldwell) what position do you think Taylor will take? Who do you think wins?

Default Re: Dake vs Taylor II

I think Taylor will take bottom, again. He showed he can escape. I think he will struggle more than he did last time as Dake won't get quite so wild with his return, but I think DT will get an escape. I think, in the end, Dake wins again in a close one, 4-2.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Agree, I think Taylor takes bottom, escapes, but loses again.

I think Dake wins by the same score as last time. I want David Taylor to tech him

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    I think Dake wins by the same score as last time. I want David Taylor to tech him
    And yet your avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    And yet your avatar...
    lol, I'll switch it to Taylor beating Dake should that happen. The being a hawkeye fan side of me wants to see Dake win so that it takes away some team points from PSU. The side of me that actually enjoys watching wrestling enjoys Taylor's style much more than Dake's. I have a feeling that Dake will dictate the pace per usual and we'll get a snoozer watching two of the best in the country.

I agree that I think DT takes bottom and gets out again, but not sure how quickly. I think Dake can ride him for 30 sec but not for 2 min.

But, I think this time DT will be more aggressive on his feet. He saw the first time how playing it cautious played into Dake's hands. Dake is a great counter wrester, but I think if DT pushes the action it plays into his favor. Both of them will be jockeying for the best strategy for the NCAA finals. I suspect they will be 1-1 at that point and there will be great anticipation for that bout!

Done picking against Dake. Just done.

In my heart of hearts I really thought DT would beat him. I really believe(d) he was better. It's shaken much of who I am.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I am going with Taylor and I base my pick, on absolutely nothing...