Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Dake wbd Caldwell 4-1

Default Re: Dake wbd Caldwell 4-1

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Yes, but did he escape and earn the pernt?

Since when is earning a pernt in a rasslin' match a bad thing?

Only in the world of rasslin' forums could earning a pernt be a bad thing...VERY BAD!
    You're just being purposely obstinate now. He scored a point with 15 seconds to go in a match where he was losing by 4. Because Dake let him up. When his "strategy" finally reached fruition, he had 15 seconds to score 3 more points. Brilliant strategy. By taking neutral, Dake's nominally weakest position, he has the chance to go for TDs and push for a stalling call, something Dake has been known to give up. IT was a terrible strategy. IT didn't work at all unless the goal of the strategy was to score 1 point in a match where his opponent scored 4.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Dake let him up?! That's news to everyone in the rasslin' world! Why did everyone else, including those who saw the match, say that Caldwell escaped?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    I'd also like to add, that calling people jerks, morons, retards, and idiots for expressing an opinion on an opinion website doesn't aid in the open exchange of opinions and ideas which is what I think you all are looking for. Having felt the wrath of the "Forum elites" myself, I feel your pain Ban!
    Thanks, and thanks even more for the observations.

Somehow, I'm the lowest of the low jerks on rasslin' forums, yet those that deliberately name call an directly ridicule are "good for our sport."

Thanks, and thanks even more for the observations.

Somehow, I'm the lowest of the low jerks on rasslin' forums, yet those that deliberately name call an directly ridicule are "good for our sport."
    Ban, the passive aggressiveness with the mis-spellings and hokey sentence forumlations add to the vitriol, I'm sure. It's the same as making fun and calling names, just more oblique.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    I'd also like to add, that calling people jerks, morons, retards, and idiots for expressing an opinion on an opinion website doesn't aid in the open exchange of opinions and ideas which is what I think you all are looking for. Having felt the wrath of the "Forum elites" myself, I feel your pain Ban!
    I endorse this message...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Ban, the passive aggressiveness with the mis-spellings and hokey sentence forumlations add to the vitriol, I'm sure. It's the same as making fun and calling names, just more oblique.
    Yes, but keep in mind (you can verify this by searching), I only do this in defense at someone who has insulted me or done something of the like.

I NEVER, by policy, do that to instigate any trouble. My use of the word, "rasslin," however, is more for my own amusement, and is not an insult toward anyone. (My brother always says it, so I really am amusing myself by mocking him).

The good news in all of this, though? Once this petty debate goes away, I'll go back into hiding for a while!

Dake let him up?! That's news to everyone in the rasslin' world! Why did everyone else, including those who saw the match, say that Caldwell escaped?
    I'm sorry, have you not watched the match? And you're sitting here delving into an in-depth analysis of the match? Wow. Go check out some video. He didn't optional start and push him away, but we all know what it looks like when you let someone up.

Yes, but keep in mind (you can verify this by searching), I only do this in defense at someone who has insulted me or done something of the like.

I NEVER, by policy, do that to instigate any trouble. My use of the word, "rasslin," however, is more for my own amusement, and is not an insult toward anyone. (My brother always says it, so I really am amusing myself by mocking him).
    Ahh, the old "he did it first" defense. Totally mature.

You come in with your "pernt" potshots, insinuating people who disagree with you are redneck simpletons, when your analysis of this match was: "Caldwell take down. Caldwell get escape. GREAT SUCCESS!"

Completely ignoring the context and actual events of the match because, as noted above, you're talking about something you have apparently not seen.

The good news in all of this, though? Once this petty debate goes away, I'll go back into hiding for a while!
    HA! That's a crock. THis was a thread about Dake-Caldwell and you, unprovoked and on your own, jumped in and tried to hijack it back to your stubborn defense of Molinaro's ridiculous decision. Your "poor me" persecution complex is starting to become hilarious.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Zapp,

Why didn't you answer my question: why did everyone who saw the match say that he escaped (rather than let him up)?

Others: Did YOU see the match? Where's the video that you speak of?

And, yes, I call it a HUGE success! You're the one who's eating crow! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!