Thread: Maryland @ Pitt results

Default Maryland @ Pitt results

No. 16 Pitt 23, No. 17 Maryland 12
    125: No. 12 Shane Gentry (M) dec. Godwin Nyama (P), 5-3; UM leads, 3-0
    133: No. 13 Geoff Alexander (M) dec. No. 7 Shelton Mack (P), 3-2; UM leads, 6-0
    141: Travis Shaffer (P) dec. Danny O'Malley (M), 7-0; UM leads, 6-3
    149: Lou Mascola (M) dec. Donnie Tasser (P), 5-2; UM leads, 9-3
    157: Troy Reaghard (P) dec. Danny Oren (M), 4-2; UM leads, 9-6
    165: No. 11 Tyler Wilps (P) tech. fall Josh Snook (M), 27-8 (7:00); Pitt leads, 11-9
    174: Nick Bonaccorsi (P) pins Aaron Norris (M), 3:58; Pitt leads, 17-9
    184: No. 9 Jimmy Sheptock (M) dec. No. 14 Max Thomusseit (P) 3-2; Pitt leads, 17-12
    197: No. 2 Matt Wilps (P) dec. No. 13 Christian Boley (M), 7-2; Pitt leads, 20-12
    285: No. 9 Zac Thomusseit (P) dec. Carl Buchholz (M), 7-0; Pitt wins, 23-12

Default Re: Maryland @ Pitt results

Alexander with another big W against a top ten guy. Beating Quiroga handily at Northeast Duals and now a win over Mack.. Thanks Gold

No Asper For Maryland @ 174. He defaulted out of the NLO last week without wrestling a match. Anyone have any news on that?

Explain to me again why Zanetta is RS'ing?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

M-c-d-o-n-o-u-g-h

Zannetta knew you picked him for fantasy
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Ha ha, if Zanetta is waiting for McDonough to graduate, that's a huge tactical error. There's always going to be tough guys coming back. His team would be Top 10 with him. They will struggle to be Top 20 next year without Wilps.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Could be wanting to wait for his brother

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Ha ha, if Zanetta is waiting for McDonough to graduate, that's a huge tactical error. There's always going to be tough guys coming back. His team would be Top 10 with him. They will struggle to be Top 20 next year without Wilps.
    Pitt will be just fine next year. The lose the older Wilps and the older Thomusseit but they still return Tyler Wilps(currently ranked 13th), Max Thomusseit(currently ranked 15th), and Shelton Mack(currently ranked 6th). Zanetta should start the season in the top 5. Not to mention Pitt is probably bringing in the best recruiting class its ever had.

Agreed. I made the case last year that Pitt had a brighter future than Lehigh at this point. I think Pitt is the better team now and next year.