141-Mark Ballweg (IA) maj Anthony Salupo (Leh) 15-5
    149-Mike Kelly (IA) dec Shane Welsh (Leh) 9-4
    157-Derek St. John (IA) dec Joey Napoli (Leh) 6-0
    165-Nick Moore (IA) dec Eric Hess (Leh) 7-4
    174-Nathaniel Brown (Leh) dec Grant Gambrall (IA) 3-2
    184-Robert Hamlin (Leh) dec Ethen Lofthouse (IA) 9-4
    197-John Bolich (Leh) dec Nathan Burak (IA) 3-2
    285-Bobby Telford (IA) dec Jack Delia (Leh) 11-4
    May be the last we see of Gambrall as a 174 .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Default Re: Iowa23-Lehigh 9

Bolich over Burak?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I honestly think this match was a positive overall...
    125-expected
    133-Thought we might see a tech but Ramos is just a machine
    141-Most impressive wrestler for the hawks this year in my opinion. The amount of offense he is showing on his feet is much better than what I have seen in the past. Add that to his already solid matt wrestling and I think the Hawks have an AA at this weight. Huge boost
    149-This is the first time I have had hope at this weight for quite some time. Kelly took it to a solid opponent for the first time as a Hawk. Can he finally show some consistent offense?
    157-Not even close!!! Huge statement wins by St. John. If anyone questioned who the favorite was for this weight St. John has an answer for you
    165-Word on the street is that Nick has been sick, but he gets his second win in a row over a solid opponent. I really think he has an outside shot at being an AA if he shows steady improvement throughout the year.
    174-Don't care what happened here because Mike Evans is the man and would have had a chance at majoring Brown
    184-I was hoping for more out of Lofthouse but Hamlin is a stud. I still expect Ethen to AA but it might be in the 6-8 range again as opposed to the 3-4.
    197-We need a miracle. I get the sense that Burak is fully committed but lacks confidence in his offense. The only shots I have really seen him take are half hearted attempts at an ankle pick. He is more talented than he is showing and I really hope they can get this worked out.
    285-Bobby has also been sick but there are no worries for me here. If he stays aggressive he'll be fine.

In summary:
    No Worries: 125,133,157,174,184,285
    I'm becoming a believer: 141,165
    Cautiously optimistic:149
    Concerned is an understatement: 197

Looks like up to 8 AA, multiple champs and 9 qualifiers. Even with 197 looking bleak some of those other question marks seem to be trending in the right direction

Agree 1stplace.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Considering both Moore and Telford on the tail end of the flu. they did pretty well. I think the thing with Burak is mental
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton