Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sserious coaching question

Default Re: sserious coaching question

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I also want to add that kids can change "camps", coaching can help kids do this. They aren't stuck in one or the other.
    Switching sports here. But Andre Agassi would be an excellent example of what you say.

That's a good call out, absolutely...he went from living on his talent alone to becoming the hardest working guy in the sport and it showed up in his results later in his career.

Trying to think of some examples of guys who had rough starts but then buckled down and gave great effort and excelled in the second halves of their career.
    Last edited by goferphan; 12-06-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Dan Dennis and Phil Keddy
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Yes, I can agree with those...or were they guys with average talent who worked their asses off?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

rough starts to career and worked their asses off.

Do you think Daniel Dennis plays back Ness's takedown over and over in his head all day?

Man, that was a bad-ass semi: Ness v Oliver, Dennis v Gomez and Graff took 5th. Damn!

1st Ness
    2nd Dennis
    3rd Gomez
    4th Oliver
    5th Graff
    6th Mitcheff
    7th Novachkov
    8th Bell

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Do you think Daniel Dennis plays back Ness's takedown over and over in his head all day?
    I'm sure he wishes he would have done something different in those last 10 seconds.

I actually feel sorry for Dennis at the end of this until I see the look on Brands' face. Then I'm giddy.