Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Southern Scuffle: Predictions, Results, Discussion

Default Re: 2013 Southern Scuffle: Predictions, Results, Discussion

Scuffle is up and rolling this morning. For any who were still doubting (and I don't think we had any of those here) the Altons are not there for Penn State. Some great possible match ups in the bracket.

125: Possible Megaludis v. Thorn final. Waters isn't here.

133: No real special individual match ups, although the possibility of Mark Grey crashing the semi's out of the bottom interests me.

141: Nothing really sticks out here either. Interested to see how the Citadel guy does.

149: Oliver/Ness possible final. Cisneros is here in his first major competition. He'll wrestle JO if he beats Matt Mincey in the first round

157: Nothing special, anything other Dieringer cruising to the title would surprise me.

165: Top 3 in the country all here. Taylor/Caldwell in the semi's with the winner wrestling Dake in the finals. As a Minnesota fan I'll be interested in a Yohn/Sulzer match up in the quarters as that in my mind will say a lot about Cody's chances of slipping into one of those low AA spots.

174: Possible rematch of last year with Storley/Brown a possible semi with the winner likely wrestling Perry in the finals.

184: Another great top three with Ruth, Bosak, and Steinhaus. Unless Steinhaus does something wild I expect this will be Ruth and Bosak.

197: Nothing super exciting. Wright always wrestles better at tournaments so I don't have hopes about Schiller upsetting him. Haynes is the #2 so its always possible he blows up and we get a surprise finalist out of the bottom.

285: This bracket is loaded. Nelson v. Johnson in the quarters with the winner likely wrestling Gwiazdowski in the semi's. Gelogaev v. Bradley looks like the semi match up on the bottom.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Ness went to OT in his first match back. Hope it was just a rust thing and not the back issue hurting him all year.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

First time getting down to weight might have been an issue as well.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Shane, I dont' think that it was his first time hitting scratch weight. JRob had him weigh in before I understand. First time making weight and actually wrestling though. Hoping that it is just rust and he's worked it out.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Klimara is hanging in there against Mega, down 5-3 at the end of the second.

Didn't last for Klimara though, Mega wins 11-4.

Both Dardanes bros win.

Oliver putting on a TD clinic against Mincey, up 14-6 at the end of the first. Oliver looks plenty big at 149.

Oliver techs 23-6.
    Last edited by Flop The Nuts; 01-01-2013 at 04:02 PM.

You watching on Flo?

Dieringer over Smith 12-3. Dieringer is strong from neutral (obvious statement)...

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    You watching on Flo?
    Yep