Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota vs Ok State

Default Re: Minnesota vs Ok State

18-18

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty View Post
    18-18

Now that we have tie-breakers, you can't just leave it there! Who wins the tie-breaker?

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    Caldwell is going to hit Yohn hard and often and will at least MD him. Gelogaev vs Nelson is going to be a very close match. It's time for Schiller to show that he is worth all of the hype
    I don't consider #12 hype. Matt Brown at #3 might be hype.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Now that we have tie-breakers, you can't just leave it there! Who wins the tie-breaker?

Tough one... 5-5 split with advantage to OSU (without Ness). With Ness still 5-5 split but Minny wins by a couple (no bonus @ 49).

Caldwell is going to hit Yohn hard and often and will at least MD him.
    Doubtful.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I don't consider #12 hype. Matt Brown at #3 might be hype.
    Minnesota fans are very high on him. I consider his #12 ranking to be more hype than accomplishments at this point in time. Should be a good test for him and where he currently stands.

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Doubtful.
    We can agree to disagree

Minnesota fans are very high on him. I consider his #12 ranking to be more hype than accomplishments at this point in time. Should be a good test for him and where he currently stands.
    Disagree about the hype. He's beaten guys below him, had a full redshirt season and beaten guys ahead of him in freestyle. He used to give Sonny Yohn FITS in the wrestling room.

I think without a doubt Brown is more hype than Schiller. Which one do you think outperforms their current ranking?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I've attended this dual each of last 3 years and I always leave surprised...Meade Dec Schlatter 3-2; Ness Dec Oliver 3-0 (didn't expect the freshman Oliver to keep it so close); Parks Dec Ness 11-8 (after behind 5-0); Z MD Nelson 16-5 (utter beating). All that to say, we can expect fireworks and most likely an upset (or two). Here are my picks...

Thorn MD Dorrell/Rupp 0-4
    Dardanes Dec Morrison 0-7
    Dardanes MD Feikart 0-11
    Oliver Fall Lange 6-11
    Dieringer Dec Zilverburg 9-11
    Caldwell Dec Yohn 12-11
    Perry Dec Storley 15-11
    Steinhaus Dec Chionuma 15-14
    Schiller Dec Rosholt 15-17
    Z Dec Nelson 18-17

Are we certain Dorrell over Rupp and Feikart over Garrison? I don't see Dorrell or Rupp being TF'd by Thorn. The only match I'm relatively certain of is Oliver getting a pin (which reminds me of his brutal cross face craddle on Thorn last year). Caldwell will not beat Yohn by more than 4-5 points. He is too defensive to get an MD on Yohn. I have Schiller with a slight upset over Rosholt and then the dual coming down to HWT! I think Z will win by 3-5 points, giving OSU the dual.