Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nittany Lion Open

Default Re: Nittany Lion Open

AT 133 - Gulibon has a tough match next with Mark Grey. Looks like Conaway and Beckman may meet up in the quarters.

Gulibon comes back to beat Grey 8-6 SV, after being down 6-3 going into the 3rd period. Vollrath pins Ian Miller in OT.

Has another tough match coming next against my man Zach Horan. Lots of tough young guys floating around at 133 this year.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I'm working my way through the brackets now - there are a lot more quality guys here than I thought (maybe they're all at 133?). Also, did anyone else notice Sam Sherlock making a run through 141 for Clarion? He should feel pretty well at home.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    I'll predict Andrew Alton starts off just like he did 2 years ago and wins the Gorrarian award for the NLO. 4 pins in under 3 minutes.
    He has already blown my pick- yes his first three matches have been pins and the second and third were 44 seconds and 43 seconds, but dammit the first one took over 5 minutes.

Maybe if he gets two more, he can drop the first round pin.... That will be tough, PSU has four guys in the quarterfinals at that weight.

AA didn't get a pin in the quarters, BBL. Was a 13-5 MD. Gulibon got a nice win over Horan at 133 into the semis.

nice win for Kemerer over Winston 5-4 .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Penn State has 12 in the semi-finals. To get 11 of those 12 in the finals, they're going to have to win all the ones they're supposed to as well as pull off some upsets (i.e. Gingrich over Gwiazdowski and McIntosh over Boley).

McIntosh gets a MD in semis over MD's Boley who beat McIntosh at the NLO last year.