Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational: Predictions, Results, Discussion

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Default Re: 2012 Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational: Predictions, Results, Discussion

Tessari gets the escape 17 seconds before losing riding time, Joe says the score is 4-3 but I don't know who is in the lead
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Default Re: 2012 Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational: Predictions, Results, Discussion

Chamberlain gets a takedown at the very end to win it, score would have been tied 4-4 if he didn't get it and Tessari was looking really good, did some fancy rolls to counter most of Chamberlain's shots including a perfect left handed high crotch
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

I am watching the matches on mat 2 since those are most of the good ones have been

I know Logan got a pin on the other match for 133 and Hunter I think got the win. Sounded like Von Ohlen was dominating in his semi at least in the first period. Watching Pena wrestle the Wyoming kid right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyes2 View Post
    Thanks for those updates Falcon! I'm going to need your flo username and password to be able to watch all these events that you're now having to buy the $100+ account for. Don't get me wrong I love that Flo is there covering it, and I love that they post the vids after but to able to watch it live like you are is awesome!
    I get really frustrated when you run into situations like when Intermat and Revwrestling combined and suddenly you have to start paying for what you once got free. But considering how much Flo is doing for the sport I can understand if they need to stuff like this. Bader, Martin, and Joe wouldn't be charging money if they didn't need to. My college team all chipped in money to buy our account.

Pena is up 4-2 right now, not paying a lot of attention to this match

Pena is basically cruising right now up 7-2 with riding time

Moore of UVA just won so we have a Pena/Moore final. I think Pena wins it but they are both really good on top

Oh God I hate those little forehead plate things like what Monk is wearing right now, fighting for head control against those hurts like mofo.

Sulzer in DEEP on a shot but twice Monk does a little tip over to roll and get his hips back, we are back on the feet 0-0

just gonna edit one post per match from now on

Monk takes a shot, Sulzer with a great reshot and almost gets the takedown again but Monk locks up the crotch and forces a stalemate

I didn't see how they got there (my wrestling partner just broke his thumb at our tourny today) but Monk and Sulzer got into a scramble, Sulzer almost scored twice but both times Monk basically rolled out of it then grabbed the knee of Sulzer forcing a potentially dangerous

Sulzer takes another good reshot off of monk but no points

Monk finally is in on a shot but they go out of bounds

Sulzer finally gets a takedown that you could probably argue, almost locked up a cradle. But Monk gets out easily and we are currently 2-2. HOLD ON FOLKS after 20 seconds of wrestling the refs change their mind and call off the takedown, UVA's coach is PISSED.

1:10 to go Sulzer is down one. Sulzer takes another shot and Monk gets dinged for first stalling. Basically three times in a row Sulzer takes a great shot and Monk funks his way out of it. Match ends as it was going with Sulzer taking shots and Monk funking out. Monk is able to stall out for the 1-0 win and that reversed takedown after over 20 seconds of wrestling is gonna be a big talking point. Dake wins pretty easily I am told
    Last edited by FalconWrestlingKY; 12-01-2012 at 02:14 PM.