Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Welcome TheMat Forums Refugees

Resident Geneyus
    Intersection of Headlock and Lateral Drop

Default Re: Welcome TheMat Forums Refugees

I have a few things I'd like to address.

1- Dusty - WHAT in the name of all that is holy is that AVATAR doing on this site? I vote NO on B-ball AVATARS.

2- Dart - I have the utmost respect for you (my son has your autograph) - I also admire your defense of a friend (or whatever Sesker is to you) but I have to respectfully disagree with your assertion that- if I complain about something he said or did to me - I am a whiner. I have NEVER had any problem on message boards before. I got BANNED from the other site for simply asking why some threads and posts and posters got deleted and banned. The banning came IMMEDIATELY after I asked why long-time posters of the utmost integrity got banned for seemingly NO reason (ideamark was one of them I believe.) I got an e-mail asking me to call a certain phone # and it would all be explained to me - I replied by saying there was nothing in any of my posts that would warrant me being banned and if they had anything to discuss with me it wouldn't be over the phone but on the public forum THEY created. I was absolutely civil and followed EVERY SINGLE RULE I agreed to follow when I signed up. It really did seem like a "power trip" from where I was sitting. I totally agree that Sesker had many better things to be doing - maybe he should have been doing them.

3. I believe the inmates are running the asylum over there now. They have been infested with cockroaches of the most vile variety. All attempts to contain them have been fruitless and I hope that sort of sociopathic behavior doesn't make it's way over here....... I think this is the best place there is to intellegently discuss wrestling and consider other points of view. I thin that is rare in message board land we are EXTREMELY fortunate to have such a well run board to enjoy - Thanks to all who make that possible.
    Those of you who think you know it all really annoy those of us who actually do ;)

Quote Originally Posted by maroon-n-gold View Post
    I have a few things I'd like to address.

1- Dusty - WHAT in the name of all that is holy is that AVATAR doing on this site? I vote NO on B-ball AVATARS.

2- Dart - I have the utmost respect for you (my son has your autograph) - I also admire your defense of a friend (or whatever Sesker is to you) but I have to respectfully disagree with your assertion that- if I complain about something he said or did to me - I am a whiner. I have NEVER had any problem on message boards before. I got BANNED from the other site for simply asking why some threads and posts and posters got deleted and banned. The banning came IMMEDIATELY after I asked why long-time posters of the utmost integrity got banned for seemingly NO reason (ideamark was one of them I believe.) I got an e-mail asking me to call a certain phone # and it would all be explained to me - I replied by saying there was nothing in any of my posts that would warrant me being banned and if they had anything to discuss with me it wouldn't be over the phone but on the public forum THEY created. I was absolutely civil and followed EVERY SINGLE RULE I agreed to follow when I signed up. It really did seem like a "power trip" from where I was sitting. I totally agree that Sesker had many better things to be doing - maybe he should have been doing them.

3. I believe the inmates are running the asylum over there now. They have been infested with cockroaches of the most vile variety. All attempts to contain them have been fruitless and I hope that sort of sociopathic behavior doesn't make it's way over here....... I think this is the best place there is to intellegently discuss wrestling and consider other points of view. I thin that is rare in message board land we are EXTREMELY fortunate to have such a well run board to enjoy - Thanks to all who make that possible.
    At least you got a response. When I emailed him, I got nothing. Had to email someone else and I got a personal phone call saying how ridiculous it all was and he would help to make things right.

To me, they've done a really good job of getting rid of all the legitimate posters and forcing them to this board and another board, and keeping all the trolls. There are maybe 10 posters over there now that I would say are legit posters, the rest are hit and miss.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

This forum is great, the folks at openmat and wrestlingreport also do a fantastic job with their forums. I honestly think at this point, given the lack of time and resources for the folks at TheMat, that they close shop and make their main "forums" page give links to the three places mentioned saying "WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE"

There are enough people willing to give their time and efforts to start wrestling forums, let them handle it and all the stuff that comes with it. Let the fine folks at USA Wrestling spend their time getting the sport out there and doing what they do best. TheMat Forums are doomed given the lack of time, lack of moderation and crummy forum software. I'm sure the load on their bandwidth and servers would be greatly reduced and they can devote said resources to streaming media and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by maroon-n-gold View Post

Ha ha. Sorry, can't help it, it's in my blood. And, though it is basketball, I have to say it's better than many of the others on this forum.

However, I think I will use a photo of Champ as my next avatar. Or, of course, there's also the infamous "covert butt shot" from NCAAs that I used last year (courtesy of Blue and Ezra)
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference