Thread: Metcalf v Caldwell (Because I'm bored again)

Default Metcalf v Caldwell (Because I'm bored again)

I've stood up and cheered three times in my life in my living room for wrestling...

1. One Konrad pinned Mocco at National Duals
    2. When Ness won his National Championship over Dennis in the last second.
    3. When Caldwell defeats Metcalf here in this National Final.

Awesome...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Default Re: Metcalf v Caldwell (Because I'm bored again)

Can we watch the all star match instead?

No, bc that one shows Caldwell getting whooped!
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

LOL...that one (Caldwell/Metcalf at the All-Star Classic) was actually a REALLY fun match, one that both REALLY wanted to win (don't believe me? Caldwell threw an open-fist haymaker in the first five seconds of the match!)...of course, the Iowa fans were more thrilled with that match's outcome than the other two involving Metcalf and Caldwell (ie. the ones that actually counted on records!).

That tech fall was no fun for anyone except Metcalf. Caldwell was gassed EARLY!
    Last edited by goferphan; 11-16-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Wheres your sig gof!?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Wasn't it one week?

Compared to what my expectations were going in, one of the truly astonishing matches that I've seen since I've been following the sport in earnest. One of the most perfectly executed game plans I'd ever seen.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

He used Metcalfs fundamentally sound technique against him. Kept putting him in scenarios that you just can't coach. Kept making Metcalf chase him around.