Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Dake v Molinaro, because I was bored

Default Re: Dake v Molinaro, because I was bored

Bigger fish for me to fry right now than considering, down, neutral, or up.

Sorry for the inconvenience, folks.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I dont see Dake getting away with the ride he did for 30 seconds for 2 minutes.
    I agree with you. DT is not explosive on bottom (which hurts in a 30 sec ride-out), but he consistently works to obtain position. As good as Dake is on top, I don't see him riding DT for 2 min the next time they wrestle. So, an escape (DT choosing down) = a TD (DT choosing neutral, with attendant escape for Dake afterwards).

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    8-1
    This was what threw me and why I said, "He needed a lot more than that."

No, I don't have a photographic memory of wrestling matches, but I do remember the period where Dake rode him for the entire period, I just didn't remember the score at the time. So, if the score was 2-1, or whatever Zapp said that it was at the beginning of the period, Dake scored 5 more points in that period when he rode him?

Again, I have zero recollection of THAT; I just remember the full period ride.

I'm also NOT looking to debate this any further, I'm just genuinely interested if he scored that many points from the top position.
    Last edited by ban basketball; 11-16-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Disregard. I just did a speed viewing of it from my own DVD recording of it. I got how all of the scoring played out now.

OVER AND OUT...Hallelujah!!

"I choose down"
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I'll support Ban as best I can:

• Molinaro had already lost to Dake while he choosing neutral rather than down (at his coach's advice at the Southern Scuffle).
    • He had not scored a takedown against Dake through 10 minutes of wrestling.
    • I think he had come closer to getting an escape than he had getting a takedown.
    • He almost certainly would need at least 3 points to win the match, therefore, taking neutral would mean needing at least a second takedown.
    • The ride time point was already there, it's not like taking down would cost him additional ride time points.
    • Let's remember, Molinaro did in fact score from the bottom - clearly he was only a locked hands and a full-nelson call away from winning!

Ok, maybe not that last one. I think the real mistake was on the coaches at the Southern Scuffle - I think they should have let Frank take down in that match to see what he could do from bottom. That experience might have helped at NCAAs (though I think Dake wins that matchup 90% of the time).

As a side note, my favorite part of that match was Dake's reversal. That was a quick, slick score against a guy who was considered pretty good on top.