Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knight Point open

Default Re: Knight Point open

According to Coach Stottlemyer at Pitt, they "don't know" what they're doing with Zanetta ... that's straight from the horses mouth. I talked to Rande about it before we released the last set of rankings. Until there's something concrete from the Pitt staff, we're leaving him in the rankings.

for gof's sake I hope he wrestles yet Why did he wrestle UA ?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Given that they "don't know" I assume to continue to keep their options open.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I never see Zannatta on top of the podium yet I do see him on the podium -probably this year -I'm basically confused as to why he would RS as he is the favorite in his conference (again) and a top 10 guy .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

And the reason for the potential redshirt? I guess if I try to overanalyze it, the Pitt line-up has a pretty decent shot at doing some good things this year. Its as solid a line-up as they have had for some time I think with Zanetta, Mack, Thomuseitts and Wilps. My UNDERSTANDING is that they have a pretty good 125 lb freshman in the room (Del Vinas) and perhaps they are waiting to see if this freshman can regularly beat Zanetta? And if so, pull his RS and put one on Zanetta to maximize out this year? Its a unique situation I guess where a freshman can come in and potentially help a team more than a solid senior but I guess its worth doing the UA thing until they know more? BTW, Zanetta outplaced Del Vinas yesterday.

Its very possible that I am talking out of my ass but to me that is the only thing that made any sense about the potential RS of Zanetta. Then next year they put Zanetta or this freshman (I don't have the time to do the research to figure out who it is but I think I know from the roster) at 125 and the other at 133.
    Last edited by goferphan; 11-06-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Well, we'll know next week vs. Michigan .

Yeah, I guess so. I guess my lesson is that until you know for sure....don't assume. I would not have picked up Young since I had Colon as my potential 125 after Midlands. I most likely would have strenghthend myself at 157 earlier or 197 earlier rather than gone back and picked Young.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."