141 Greco
    149 Marriott (Friedley taking RS)
    157 Welch
    165 Harger
    174 Munster
    184 Shrewsbury
    197 Polizzi
    HWT McMullen
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Default Re: NW wrestle offs

Did Greco wrestle Shober?

Didn't know that Mele was going back up to 133

i have no dog in this hunt yet have to wonder about Rsing Friedly as Tshirt has grown right at 10 lbs a year the last 2 years . Levi depends on his strength a LOT and that will be negated at 133.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

looks like I'm looking for a 125 pounder in fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    i have no dog in this hunt yet have to wonder about Rsing Friedly as Tshirt has grown right at 10 lbs a year the last 2 years . Levi depends on his strength a LOT and that will be negated at 133.
    Not like he doesn't know what he's getting into. He's been there in the past before last year.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

i'm pretty sure he went 133 thanks to the DUMP master at 125.levi is only about 5'3''and 125 is his natural weight.

You saying Malone beat him out? I dunno, Mele was a pretty big dude at 125 last year. Then again I know nothing about Malone, TO THE INTERNET!

Well this preview from 10/29 has Mele at 125, right from the coach. Russ may be right:

Pariano Previews 2012-13 Northwestern Wrestling Season - NUSPORTS.COM - The Northwestern Official Athletic Site

Malone has a good pedigree (3x PA state champ), how did he do redshirting last year? NW page has no 2012 info in his bio. Wonder if this gives Jameson Oester a chance to redshirt, as he was a little raw starting as a true freshman last year.

Weird thing to me is - why wouldn't Mele at least wrestle off for the spot?

OK still a little confused, here is Malone's bio:

Dominick Malone Profile - NUSPORTS.COM - The Northwestern Official Athletic Site

How can you be a 3x PA state champ and 2x prep champ? Maybe they are talking about freestyle titles? Is he a true freshman?