Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All Star Breakdown

Default All Star Breakdown

125-The match went how I figured it would. Delgado got to legs and would finish and Nico would struggle to finish. A horrible two call influenced by the crowd doesn't change that.

Delgado stopped attacking legs and it cost him. Controversially sure, but he needs to keep the pedal to the medal.

133-Don't think Dardanes loses to Schopp again. Just lots of tactical errors. Should have just gotten his escape instead of diving on the sweep. He had already been in that position against Schopp and struggled to finish. Get your escape and live to fight another day. Didn't have any beef with the officiating.

141-Futrell impressed me as he got to Maples legs better than I thought he would. Really fun match. Good job by BJ to keep it close.

149-Chamberlain looked great. Sure he didn't get out, but he didn't have to. Dominated on his feet.

157-Alton is just better. Welch has no offense apart from a very mediocre High Crotch he struggles to get off. Alton can finish on him and is noticeably physically stronger.

165-Really thought Taylor wrestled Dakes match. Didn't have good motion, wasn't taking chances, and when DT gets tactical instead of wrestling to score he will not win. I didn't believe that Dake was in Taylors head, but am beginning to believe it's possible. He gave him way way way too much respect and it cost him. Taylor rode better in regulation, Dake rode when it mattered most. Razor thin margin between these two.

174-Nice match by Asper, he impressed me at 174.

184-Hamlin just better than Steinhaus. He's the number 2 at this weight imo.

197-I more/less thought Q would come out and wrestle crazy. Wild match. Don't feel like Q will lose to Wilps when it matters, but Wilps was more than ready to take all the points Q offered. Why Q rides legs will always confuse me.

285-Nice win by Dom. He looked tired, but continued to wrestle hard.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: All Star Breakdown

Dom Bradley tired, perish the thought.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Dom Bradley tired, perish the thought.
    Most shocking observation of the evening.

I was surprised by a lot of these matches, but most of them looked like early season matches. Except for 141, great match, bj has to finish at least one of those shots though.

i wouldn't be suprised to see 125, 133, 157, 165, 174, 184, 197 go the other way at some point in the season.

I like that this event started the season off with a bang, but overall you could tell these guys were not in stride.

As I told VAIS on another forum , I'd rather watch water turn to ice than watch Dom wrestle.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    As I told VAIS on another forum , I'd rather watch water turn to ice than watch Dom wrestle.
    It was a pretty exciting match honestly.

It is interesting though that Futrell has come in and given a heavily favored guy a good match at this event for the second year in a row.

It worked out very poorly for him the second time around last year (I think JO beat him 15-2) wonder if we'll see this match again later this year.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Its funny that we say Futrell gave Maple a good match (Which I dont disagree with necessarily) but Maple's victory was probably the most decisive of any match of the night.

Is it just because Maple was a somewhat significant favorite that we're talking about it this way?
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    Its funny that we say Futrell gave Maple a good match (Which I dont disagree with necessarily) but Maple's victory was probably the most decisive of any match of the night.

Is it just because Maple was a somewhat significant favorite that we're talking about it this way?
    Chamberlains was far more decisive imo. Just abused Lester on his feet.