Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: D1CW conference rankings !!

Default Re: D1CW conference rankings !!

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I agree
    That would make an interesting thread--comparing school's second teams, especially if you included RS's!

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I gather his issues with concussion are over (at least for now). I can't help but think if he were at a lower weight, with probably more dehydration, that he would be more vulnerable to concussive problems.
    He spent the off season getting into shape and he is already down below 180.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Whatever happened to the rumor that Evans was going to be in the mix of trying to get the 174 pound spot? Did Brands talk him out of it for the good of the team?

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    I REALLY think all this secrecy from coaches (and I was guilty of it when I coached as well) is detrimental to our dying sport . Fans LOVE to be kept in the loop ! and as an analogy HOW MANY would go to see Ali/Frazier if in fact Frazier was boxing Quarry ? Or instead of Borg/Mcenroe you got Borg/Lutz. (showing my age here )
    Interesting point. It does seem to be going that way. I'm curious how much of it is:
    1. Coaches actually delaying or keeping quiet on decisons
    2. Tighter competition at more weights making the decisions harder to make early
    3. The fans expecting more information earlier

Whatever the reason secrecy is a poison . Wrestling needs all the PR it can get.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

I can see what you're saying but I like not knowing everything. It gives me hope that someone will come out of nowhere and set the world on fire. I like the mystery

Iowa is loaded at 157, they have the first two guys in the rankings! I don't remember hearing about D.Alton transferring though....
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln